Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Vodafone to 3

Options
  • 05-12-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there,

Just wondering is it worth risking changing from Vodafone to 3. Am living between Dublin and the Midlands so would be a little worried about the coverage down the country.

I'm thinking its probably not worth the risk?? While Vodafone is a little more expensice the coverage is second to none.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well I jumped from Meteor to Three a month ago. I've been all over the country in that time with no reception problems. I do have a blackspot near home where the phone automatically roams on the Voda network. Have a look through the Talk to 3 forum. A lot of the people with problems are in the Kildare area.If you are not into data, then the best advice I can give you is to get a free sim from Three and use it in an unlocked phone around the areas you most frequent. That way you can satisfy yourself re reception, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

Hey,

No i wouldnt switch to three, sorriest thing i ever did. My service is terrible, even on full coverage, dropped calls, unclear reception, messages not sending- defo dont change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I'd Pick Vodafone over Three anydays, But Three's Customer Service is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

nixermixer wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just wondering is it worth risking changing from Vodafone to 3. Am living between Dublin and the Midlands so would be a little worried about the coverage down the country.

I'm thinking its probably not worth the risk?? While Vodafone is a little more expensice the coverage is second to none.

Cheers

Are you doing a prepay port? If so, you have very little at risk, if things dont work out you can always just switch again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I'd Pick Vodafone over Three anydays, But Three's Customer Service is very good.

You have got to be joking right?

No!! Deadly Serious.

They are thorough and try to actually resolve the issue for ya..... :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No!! Deadly Serious.

They are thorough and try to actually resolve the issue for ya..... :confused:

You must have got a wrong number.......:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Threes customer service is the pits. The best of both worlds could be switch to 3 for the prices but disable 3g when travelling and you will be roaming on Voda 2g anyway and you know that works for voice and text but not data.

Advertisement