Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shop bought mince pies

Options
  • 05-12-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Just wondering do ye have any favourites. I have tried Tescos Finest with brandy and they were ok and some Centra brand which were dreadful. Im looking for some with a nice pastry and loads of mince meat. all recommendations welcome

tescos finest mince pies 5/10
    Centra Own Brand 1/10
    Tagged:

Comments

Ones in a box? I don't think there are any decent ones tbh.

Superquinn do gorgeous fresh ones, failing that, any shop that do cuisine de France do alright ones too. Tis all about the pastry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

In Galway it's gotta be the food of athenry's mince pies...nutty, fragrant and boozy ;) they are in most supermarkets, love that company, gorgeous breads too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ones in a box? I don't think there are any decent ones tbh.
    Agreed.

The nicest 'bought' mince pies I had, were bought from a bakery, everything in the bakery is home made though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I found the Aldis ones ok not anything like the real thing though but I thought they were about 5 1/2 out of 10.

I'm no good with pastry (haven't got the patience) so hopefully my oul lad will bring us some down, can't beat home made and he doesn't put mixed peel in them (hate mixed peel).

Advertisement