Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chestnuts in Dublin

Options
  • 05-12-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen fresh chestnuts for sale recently in the city centre or North County?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

vanilla venture in kildare have them, I'm sure they might be able to sell you some as they deliver in Dublin. ( i am just a customer of theirs) fresh ones are a lot of work, ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Seen them in Superquinn at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

which superquinn? Fresh ones not the tinned stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

jeepers101 wrote: »
    which superquinn? Fresh ones not the tinned stuff.

I seen them in Lucan. They were bagged and for sale in beside the butcher counter. Didnt buy any so not sure of the quality. Maybe try their website to see have they got them in your local one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Crates of the fresh stuff in the saturday market on Cow's Lane, City Center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Fallon and Byrne,

I tried super quinn's last week they were a bit bland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

would you not be better off getting the vac packed, peeled ones - Epicure do them I think. So much less work and the 'fresh' ones you see about the place are generally very dried up anyway.

There were 'fresh' ones in Tesco recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Tesco do them in the Produce section, try the large stores like Balbriggan, Clarehall, Clearwater. The only problem with fresh chestnuts is that sometimes you get the odd weevil.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Whats a weevil? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Jeepers....
    A weevil is a beetle which you can find in various foodstuffs like rice nuts flour ect....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weevil

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Tesco in Rush have them 'sweet chestnuts' - €3.99 for 400g.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Tesco on Upper Baggot Street has fresh chestnuts today.

Advertisement