Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plaster

• 05-12-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

What would it cost (approx) to stud and plasterboard and skin five rooms average size approx. 11'x11'. Ceilings to be plasterboarded and skimmed in all five rooms also.
    Tradesman to supply all materials .

What would the final cost be approx.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

need a bit more details,what are the walls constructed with,would it have to be studded out it might be possible to fix the slabs directly to walls which would save quite a bit of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

happy to come and price it for you cosmo:)

let me know what price he price he puts on it and i'll give you a better one

hope you have all your insurance etc lee,
    references from other work and the like.
    and are not on social welfare.
    if you can go round beating other peoples pricing without even seeing the job.
    i take it you are ok to take cheques!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

What part of the country you in OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

The walls are pretty straight but they are about 75 years old. It is of block construction but I imagine they were home made on site. They would probably need some sort of damp proffing applied.
    It works out that there are 9 exterior walls.

Thanks

based in cork cosmo,if you are nywhere near that happy to come and have a look at the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

The property is in Dublin but I dont own it....yet...
    I need to have some idea in advance what it might cost.

Thanks.

hope you have all your insurance etc lee,
    references from other work and the like.
    and are not on social welfare.
    if you can go round beating other peoples pricing without even seeing the job.
    i take it you are ok to take cheques!!!
    it was meant as a joke,i have never deliberatly undercut another tradesman and never will,i cant even afford to keep a car on the road these days so unless i strap my plastering gear on my bicycle you have nothing to worry about,i hope you get the job.

very rough price cosmo,but if all walls in all 5 romms plus ceilings being done,with just basic 12.5mm boards you are defo up over 4,500.thats rock bottom,and for cash.

dublin much to far for me tho:)

• Advertisement

mr lee wrote: »
    it was meant as a joke,i have never deliberatly undercut another tradesman and never will,i cant even afford to keep a car on the road these days so unless i strap my plastering gear on my bicycle you have nothing to worry about,i hope you get the job.

my bad lee!! im very touchy this weather man!;);)

Advertisement