Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colt 1911 .22 Rail Gun

Options
  • 05-12-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Pistol Shooters,

I have recently purchased and received a new 1911 colt rail gun in .22 calibre. I brought it to the range this week and spent the day test firing it with 4 different types of ammo. I had one problem with it, the pistol is firing about 4 to 5 inches low at 15 meters. It was the same with all ammo.

Has anyone else got one of these pistols and did they have the same problem.

There is no way to adjust the rear sight or front sight to compensate. Maybe there is an adjustable sight that can be purchased for the pistol?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Was there any other front sight blades with the pistol ? If not have a look and see if there available.

74kilo wrote: »
    Pistol Shooters,

I have recently purchased and received a new 1911 colt rail gun in .22 calibre. I brought it to the range this week and spent the day test firing it with 4 different types of ammo. I had one problem with it, the pistol is firing about 4 to 5 inches low at 15 meters. It was the same with all ammo.

There is no way to adjust the rear sight or front sight to compensate. Maybe there is an adjustable sight that can be purchased for the pistol?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Pistol Shooters,

Regards

I have one of these on the way to me at the moment so I am interested in how you get on. I dont know what type of experience you have but given that its a new pistol, have you got someone else to shoot it and see how they get on? or try it from a rest of some sort? Just somethin to try before you go spedning any extra lids on it.

Heres a link which about 1/3 down the page, just under the exploded diagram, lists parts that are interchangable with a standard 1911. It does not say anything about the sights so they may well be different dimensions.
    http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=86

Heres another link to Umarex USA. If you scroll down to the 1911 rail gun in the catalogue, the section for front sight says "removable" so I would assume that as long as you can get an accurate measurement of the front sight dovetail, then you should be able to replace it.
    http://www.umarexarms.com/2011_UUSA_ARMS_Catalog_lr.pdf

Thanks Gunhappy, looking forward to getting mine, nice grouping with the PMC Match... fantastic beard too! :D

The guy actually gives a great show with several firearms, most of which can be got here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

The guy actually gives a great show with several firearms, most of which can be got here.

I look forward to spanking your Colt with my Browning in a match somewhere - always wanted.to beat a Colt ;-)

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Pistol Shooters,

I had one problem with it, the pistol is firing about 4 to 5 inches low at 15 meters. It was the same with all ammo.

If you're not an experienced pistol shooter you may be dropping the muzzle as you fire the shot, I had that problem myself and it's not uncommon. Try holding the aim till the pistol comes to rest on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Are they just low or also slightly off to the left ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 74kilo

thanks to everyone for the replies. to answer some questions:

there was only 1 front sight with the pistol shooter

i am pistol shooting for about 3 years and also have a hammerli and I am shooting well with it.

I havent been back to the range yet, but should be this weekend. I cleaned the pistol yesterday and the trigger doesnt feel as gritty, so this might help - i hope.

all shots were scattered all over the page about 6 inches below the x. i even benched the pistol and this did tighten the group but it was still extremely low.

thanks for all the help

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

HI, I'm awaiting my GSG 1911, it comes with 3 front sights and a adjustable rear sight, cost more than the Colt (std) but will hopefully do the Job.
    80% on standard 1911 Parts will fit it, and seems to be accurate enough.

They sell them in UK with a long Barrel and accessories.

http://www.valmontfirearms.co.uk/LBPistols.html

Can't get a Compensator from the US, Illegal to post them out of the US???? And haven’t found an EU supplier yet??
    Next on the list is a Mini Red Dot on it…. Will have to win a few more GR Medals before I can justify the expense.

Best of luck with yours, might meet you out there and compare.

Enjoy

G.G.H.

• Advertisement

Thought this might be of interest to the OP...

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=344389

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

bravestar wrote: »
    Thought this might be of interest to the OP...

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=344389

That's the Compensator I'm looking for??? and the Grip also. fine looking kit.

Still awaiting my newest arrival to the Family.....

Trying to work out my rota for the week,

Shotgun on Monday
    Pistol on Tuesday
    Babysitting on Wednesday
    GR on Thursday
    Family Guy on Friday
    Pistol Comp on Saturday
    GR Comp on Sunday
    Divorced by Monday….
    Enjoy it while you can.

G.G.H.

Advertisement