Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are they building at Spancil Hill?

• 05-12-2011 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I drive past it most days but still havn't figured out exactly what they're doing.

Is it a sewage works and straightening the road? or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

yuzbin wrote: »
    I drive past it most days but still havn't figured out exactly what they're doing.

Is it a sewage works and straightening the road? or what?
    Road re-alignment - removing a bad bend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Not sure how long they're there but it feels like they've been at it forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Title reads like a Savage Eye sketch..

And since we're talking about roads... (Any excuse to post this clip :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

ollaetta wrote: »
    Not sure how long they're there but it feels like they've been at it forever.

Aye they have. I passed it last April/March (?) heading to the Div. 2 final and they were working back then on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 onthebrink

That work started way back in 2009, and has been on and off ever since. The Ennis bypass did not take as long to complete!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I drive this road every day too. Couldn't find anything about it on council website. Taking an age! Looks like a water reservoir (or very ill advised open air swimming pool) and road straightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

that bend they're taking out, is that where the donkey sanctuary is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Clarevirtually

Seemingly when they were digging they came across a spring and it took a long time to stem the flow. We could have had a competitor to Peckham Spring Water.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Seemingly when they were digging they came across a spring and it took a long time to stem the flow. We could have had a competitor to Peckham Spring Water.:)

Or to Clare Spring Water Co., Lisseycasey if it's coming from organic land!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

If you build it he will come.

20-misquoted-movie-lines-05.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Is this the longest road project in the history of the state?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Yes.

Actually is there not strong rumours of a GAA pitch complex etc. being built around there just waiting for the green light from Croke Park. My sources tell me I'm fat and that it is in the pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

buck65 wrote: »
    Yes.

Actually is there not strong rumours of a GAA pitch complex etc. being built around there just waiting for the green light from Croke Park. My sources tell me I'm fat and that it is in the pipeline.

That is further out the road, almost in Tulla.

They are at that road since October 09 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Figerty

If you look up the old maps on the OSI website, you can see there was an old spring, obviously a big one there back in the 1800s. It was sensible then to go around it rather than overit... These things don't change that much..
    babygirlz wrote: »
    That is further out the road, almost in Tulla.

They are at that road since October 09 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

I pass it ever day too and I've noticed they've put up a sign at each end saying "slow excavation" I never seen a truer sign!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

They ran out of money. The amount of crashes there was unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Well hallelujah I just drove along the new section of straightened road (albeit on one lane for part of it).

3 years in, should only take another year now to complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Yeah I was hoping for fire works etc after all this time! at least its nearly done.

Advertisement