Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attic water tank insulation.

• 05-12-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭

Was wondering if anyone could give me a blow by blow description of how to insulate the water tanks in the attic,using sheets of hardboard and a roll of insulation...was hoping to google a link with photos on how to do it but am drawing a blank..think i must be wording it wrong.....I am trying to find out if the board sits off the floor,how to attach the roll to board,has it to be touching the tank...when i cut the timber for the lid do i sandwich the fiberglass between 2 boards......basically a dummies guide as i have the boards and the insulation...Any of you nice people able to offer advice please????:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Blow by blow.....

By a lagging jacket to suit your attic tank and dont insulate the bottom.

If you choose the diy route... wrape all the insulation around except the bottom and ensure it does not get wet.

Make sure the floor underneath is not covered in insulation unless the tank is 1 meter off the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

for the top of the tank just cut a sheet of ply that will cover the tank,cut a piece of aeroboard the same size and glue it to the bottom side of the ply and just cut out the holes where the pipes go and place on top of tank,its a piece of cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I made a frame covered in hardboard but 6 inches bigger than the water tank and put fibreglass in-between the two. To be honest it was a bit of a pain.

Home base and most places sell insulation inside a plastic liner, about 50cms wide. Just wrap the tank with this, much easier. As others have said, cut lid out of hardboard and insulate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

My water attic tanks are not insulated. Is the purpose so the pipes coming out dont freeze? Surely the tank could not freeze up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

see my earlier anwser to this on my message board:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

see my earlier anwser to this on my message board:rolleyes:

Crikey lucky i saw this thread by chance. Runs off to get Water tank Insulation thing
    Just googled this for anyone like me who has no insulation on their tank

http://www.mcmahons.ie/insulation/laggingjackets/ep-50-gallon-cold-water-tank-jacket-boxed.html?gclid=CIOJ0_GI7awCFcIe4QodxVvuLg

Advertisement