Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

when was the last time you lost your temper in public

• 06-12-2011 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Im a pretty easy going woman, but today i lost my temper and yelled at a man in the middle of a store! It had been a long time since ive gotten that annoyed.

Today my 5 year old niece had a flu shot and i promised her a cupcake from M N S as they are her fave. So as we were walking towards M N S it stared to rain so we ran in.

A man and a woman were standing about 5 feet inside the door blocking our way and my niece was running ahead of me and hit off the man by accident. He moved and she kept on running. As i followed her (he had not reliased i was with her ) he says "Jesus that brat has no manners, her mother would want to teach her how to say excuse me"

I had passed him about 2 seconds before i reliased what he had said, so i turned around and yelled out "Oh i am SO SORRY but if you were not taking up the whole doorway gossiping my niece would not have ran into you, so ill say it for her .... EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!" . "You happy now!!!!!!!!!"

And i walked off, got some odd looks in the shop but i didnt care.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

He has a point, her mother should teach her some manners. You could learn some as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

**** him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

He was dead right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

so you really just want us all to agree that he was rude?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

are you working in the marks n spencer marketing dept? you are drawing an awfull lot of attention to M N S there :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I rarely lose my temper except for everytime I have to deal with my local Ulster Bank branch. They're such incompetent morons they just set me off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

He was dead right!

how is he right he was the one blocking the entrance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

hondasam wrote: »
    He has a point, her mother should teach her some manners. You could learn some as well.

Just because I can't thank this twice

Saila wrote: »
    are you working in the marks n spencer marketing dept? you are drawing an awfull lot of attention to M N S there :confused:

lol no when i write mns it looks like textspeak :)

• Advertisement

how is he right he was the one blocking the entrance?

No one is saying he is right but a little bit of manners goes a long way.
    I don't blame the child but you were rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

never, cool as a cucumber me :cool:

and if I do its never at anyone else, only objects

oh there was a time, I was going down a hill on my bicycle at about 50km/hr and a ****ing dog ran out in front of me and nearly killed me. I let out the most guttural roar/scream you will ever hear outside of an arnie movie
    man did I need that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

That looks useful. I presume it can also work with any dwarves or midgets I might capture?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Don't bribe your child with food. It won't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I missed my train home last Friday, I was after having the day from hell already and this was the straw that broke the camels back. I swore loudly while standing in front of the timetable board for about 20-25secs before regaining my composure.

A few people moved away slowly, they must have got a fright.:D other than that nobody seemed to notice.
    Once I'd calmed down and feeling a little embarrassed, I got a drink at the bar and made alternative arrangements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

lol no when i write mns it looks like textspeak :)

Call it Marks & Spencer, darling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Eh its M&S.

10,000th post \0/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Nope never ever lose my cool, not at people or objects.

No one is saying he is right but a little bit of manners goes a long way.
    I don't blame the child but you were rude.

doesnt bother me if you think that

he was blocking the entrance, a child runs in from the rain and into him as he was blocking the way in, and he calls her a brat. I wasnt taking that when it was his fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rarely lose my temper, but sometimes I pretend I'm losing it... Peace through superior intimidation :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

he was blocking the entrance, a child runs in from the rain and into him as he was blocking the way in, and he calls her a brat. I wasnt taking that when it was his fault

Grow up and act your age.

Don't bribe your child with food. It won't end well.

was the only thing to stop her crying after that flu shot:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

last time I lost my temper I never thought I'd end up on death row:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

no, it was partly her fault, and partly his.

Oh no she di'int!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Only once ever have I lost my temper (including with friends/family) and that was to an old woman in Super Valu.

I was in the express line. The line was long. I have a personal hatred for people who stand too close to you in the line poking you with their shopping basket so I left a space between myself and the person in front.

Old woman behind me starts PUCKING me in the back telling me to move forward, as if the fcuking line would move quicker that way.

I turned around, looked her in her beady old eyes and told her to stop pucking me and did she expect me to jump on the persons back.

She got really flustered and said "would you look at the state of your clothes" to me!

Oh the bitch, I was very red at this stage and then I spotted a girl from work further down the line pissing herself so I just turned around and held my position.

She was a nasty little old woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Last time was soon after the codeine regulations came in and I was suffering with a serious amount of pain - got a lift to the pharmacy because I couldn't drive myself I was writhing around in pain so much, and they had the audacity to try and refuse me neurofen plus.
    I went apesh1t and got them in the end.
    I have not been back to that pharmacy since! - Far too embarrassed of my behaviour!

Dont speak to me like a 15 year old ok.

I didnt start this thread to get praise or abuse for what i did, i started it as i though it might make an intresting topic. If you have an issue with this thread talk to a mod. Im discussing this no further with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

MARKS and SPENCERS directly support Israel don't they?

Other retailers do business with them, but M&S go out of their way to stock Israeli goods and even hand over direct cash to the Israeli government too.

I once met an English woman who worked in refugee camp in Jordan and she wouldn't even step inside an M&S shop.

Dont speak to me like a 15 year old ok.

I didnt start this thread to get praise or abuse for what i did, i started it as i though it might make an intresting topic. If you have an issue with this thread talk to a mod. Im discussing this no further with you.

Don't act like a 15 year old then.
    How is it interesting? If you don't want people to reply then state that in your op.
    Throw the rattle out of the pram if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Last week a guy came in to where Iwork, ordered food and refused to pay for it . I explained that I cannot give it to him until he pays for it. He ranted at me for ten minutes calling me a b*tch etc and I stayed calm and told him I would have to ask him to leave if he didn't stop ranting.

He apologised, paid and sat and ate his food - he then stood up and purposely "cleaned" his table onto the floor with his arm and then laughed. So as he was leaving the shop I just said " Excuse me, sorry, excuse me" to get his attention and when he turned I just shouted down " By the way, your a prick"

It felt goood :D

Other retailers do business with them, but M&S go out of their way to stock Israeli goods and even hand over direct cash to the Israeli government too.

I once met an English woman who worked in refugee camp in Jordan and she wouldn't even step inside an M&S shop.

But where else does she go to get delicious cookies? I have principles but some sacrifices for the sake of them just aren't worth it
    susita06 wrote: »
    Last week a guy came in to where Iwork, ordered food and refused to pay for it . I explained that I cannot give it to him until he pays for it. He ranted at me for ten minutes calling me a b*tch etc and I stayed calm and told him I would have to ask him to leave if he didn't stop ranting.

He apologised, paid and sat and ate his food - he then stood up and purposely "cleaned" his table onto the floor with his arm and then laughed. So as he was leaving the shop I just said " Excuse me, sorry, excuse me" to get his attention and when he turned I just shouted down " By the way, your a prick"

It felt goood :D

Bit of a lopper by the sounds of things too!

:D

But where else does she go to get delicious cookies? I have principles but some sacrifices for the sake of them just aren't worth it

And they do some great pork sausages too :D

Stripy Cat don't mention black September to your mate, ok!.

• Advertisement

Reported for personal abuse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yeah but...Percy Pigs

Reported for personal abuse :D

Uh oh, please don't hurt me!
    It's an affectionate term see!

Edit: And apparently a gardening tool as well :confused: I got my loopers mixed up with loppers AGAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

10,000th post \0/

So is that supposed to be a weird looking vagina or someone with their hands in the air?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Namlub wrote: »

Yeah but...Percy Pigs

Yum and the make veggie ones now except not the cola ones & they rock.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

it was inn the two twweks .and I had to fine the right wayu to be going. then thres the school and if for two weeks we wntr there would be trouble. so i driopped behind them and rwas like rehersing the wholle wha down dn they justt froped it and ran !!into the bussishj.then go back aftre scool ..op

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

it was inn the two twweks .and I had to fine the right wayu to be going. then thres the school and if for two weeks we wntr there would be trouble. so i driopped behind them and rwas like rehersing the wholle wha down dn they justt froped it and ran !!into the bussishj.then go back aftre scool ..op

:eek: I wish there was a scratchy head, confused looking smilie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The last time I lost my temper was when someone almost ran me over at a pedestrian crossing.

I pressed the button, waited for the green man to light up and started to walk across the road. I got half way across to where there's a little island in the middle of the road and was about to continue walking when someone decided to take advantage of the fact that all the other cars were stopped and flew around the corner. I was going to keep walking, stupidly thinking that they wouldn't actually run over someone. They didn't stop though so I had to jump back onto the island. When I did get across I shouted at them "you fucking idiot" and pointed at the light which was still red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

cassi wrote: »
    :eek: I wish there was a scratchy head, confused looking smilie!!

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Tesco are equally as bad. I've a personal boycott stretching to over 15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Rarely lose my temper, but sometimes I pretend I'm losing it... Peace through superior intimidation :D

I do this too, terrify people so they back down, even though Ive no intention of getting physical or anything. It works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I told a French woman on a flight from Shanghai to Auckland to go f*ck herself a while back. I just saw red and lost it, she deserved it though. She was just nasty.

Except then I had to sit next to her for 12 hours, I wasn't really thinking ahead with that one. :o

I read this last night but thought it was the drugs that had me confused but clear headed this am and it's still confusing to me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I have a feeling it will happen on Thursday, around mid day, at D4 hotel. Place was closed 'coz it flooded. Stayed closed for refurb. Usually when places are closed like that, they wreck the machines in the premises. I have 4 machines, that's if they're still on the walls. Idiot of a manager, will probably ask me, what machines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Yep, it goes back to the foundation of M&S really.
    Marks & Spencer (M&S) was founded in 1884 by a Russian Jewish refugee Michael Marks. Since then, the UK-based firm has been linked inextricably to Zionism.
    For more: http://www.inminds.com/boycott-marks-and-spencer.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement