Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

when was the last time you lost your temper in public

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

B1tches b crazy

respect yer elders ffs n learn some manners, Have to run off to the toilet to vomit now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

Last time I lost my temper was at two young school girls who were strolling along a busy road which I ahppened to be cycling on. They were looking the wrong way and tried to cross right in front of me - I had to swerve into traffic and as I passed them I shouted (something I never do) "Get out of the f$%king road"

Now I did lose my temper but I like to think I gave them enough of a fright not to do something as stupid again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

In the Meteor shop when I was returning my phone for the 3rd time in a row with the same fault. They wouldnt give me a new phone and just wanted to send it off again to be fixed. I lost it at the guy behind the counter, probably shouldnt have as he was just doing his job. I did apologize to him afterwards.

You were quite rude OP :confused:
    I don't know why you would start a thread boasting about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

MARKS and SPENCERS directly support Israel don't they?

Other retailers do business with them, but M&S go out of their way to stock Israeli goods and even hand over direct cash to the Israeli government too.

I once met an English woman who worked in refugee camp in Jordan and she wouldn't even step inside an M&S shop.

OH i can't wait to tell my muslim ex-wife that:D:D:D.....................she has me cleared out for maintenance - continuosly gives me grief cos she has no cash - despite the fact she has more pairs of shoes than I have SINGLE socks (arn't the number of shoes you have a way of measuring wealth?!) - and does a large majority of her weekly food shop in M & S.
    Whooppeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Im a pretty easy going woman...
    It really doesn't sound like you are.

Sorry OP, but you really haven't covered yourself in any glory here.

To be honest, if that was my daughter I would've made sure that she came back and apologised to the guy for bumping into him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

in fairness the guy referred to her child as a brat
    Jesus that brat............

The guys standing in a door way, the child is obviously excited about what they're getting - they're not expecting someone to be standing there............in the excitement it probably didn't even register to them what had happened - its a bit of a jump to label them a brat for that.

Personally I reckon the guy is reasonable enough in expecting a polite mannerly "excuse me"/"sorry"/whatever - but he lost the right to that once he labelled someones child a brat..........i don't know what I'd have done but I wouldn't have been happy about that particular part. I have expected him to take it back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"One time I was getting a thing from like a shop or something and this guy was all like, no way dude, we don't have any left. And I was all like, but bro I came all the way down to like get that thing and stuff and he was all laughing and like, no way dude, not happening. But like I was on my break and I couldn't come back tomorrow so I needed to get it now and I could see that there was like one in like reserved or something for some other dude so I was like, gimme that one and he wouldn't and I got like totally miffed...."

That's all I could take. I told the guy to shut up, got off the bus at the next stop after I never take the bus in the Valley any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

rambutman wrote: »
    Personally I reckon the guy is reasonable enough in expecting a polite mannerly "excuse me"/"sorry"/whatever - but he lost the right to that once he labelled someones child a brat...........

But..... but..... but...... they're all brats unless they belong to you aren't they? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

hondasam wrote: »
    Grow up and act your age.

Ahh, the irony! Typing that about someone who has no manners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

it was inn the two twweks .and I had to fine the right wayu to be going. then thres the school and if for two weeks we wntr there would be trouble. so i driopped behind them and rwas like rehersing the wholle wha down dn they justt froped it and ran !!into the bussishj.then go back aftre scool ..op

i no egslty wot u meennn. jgshop, 78

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

it was inn the two twweks .and I had to fine the right wayu to be going. then thres the school and if for two weeks we wntr there would be trouble. so i driopped behind them and rwas like rehersing the wholle wha down dn they justt froped it and ran !!into the bussishj.then go back aftre scool ..op

Yes, eat ALL of our shirts!

I remember cutting this woman off in traffic once (yes it was definitely my fault :o). Anyway she came after me in her car, got out and started cursing at me. I saw red of course. She was complaining that she had 'children in the car'. I hate the 'think of the children' card being played whenever someone wants to win an argument, so I told her she should stop cursing in front of her children then if she's so worried about them.

We're the best of friends now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

when someone tried to mug my mate

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TinfoilTinman

I was running down Grafton street with a very heavy rucksack trying to make a bus (I had to work late and this was the last bus). I went for the clearest part of the street so I wouldn't bump into anyone. I saw a Concern guy and swerved when he moved toward me but he decided to jump directly into my path and say "hey! can you spare a moment for Concern?".

I nearly fell over slowing down. Normally they really annoy me but the fact that he went for me when I was obviously in a rush and trying to avoid him got to me.

I lost it. I said "Are you f**king serious? MOVE"

And he said something about me not caring about my fellow man as I ran to get the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I don't think I've ever lost my temper in public, I'm a dude.

Seriously, what is it with girls and their wild mood swings? It's mostly girls posting stories here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

i do it everyday, albeit in the car, but on PUBLIC roads.

Love having a grand aul shout while freezing cold at 8am, usually at gobshítes who think because its cold and dark that there must be 2 inches of ice on the ground and proceed at 2mph, usually with their lights off in case they set the ice on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Fbjm wrote: »

Seriously, what is it with girls and their wild mood swings? It's mostly girls posting stories here too.

Strange, every month the girls have a new story :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Dont know why the op is getting a hard time, it was an entrance and like a exit should be clear at all times, the two adults impeded the young girl.

Op was maybe a bit ott with what she said but she had a right to react.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Making my way home from a particularly terrible night in work. I was crossing the road at college green. The pedestrian light was green so I crossed.
    A car came flying around the corner and almost hit me. The driver honked the horn and stuck his head out the window calling me a "****ing retard".

Walked over and shouted at him " Its ****ing red. that means stop. If you want to beep the horn again i'll put your head through the windscreen"

Not particularly proud but he had it coming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I've lost my cool plenty of times in public, a couple times were justifiable, other times I was a bit embarrassed later on that I was so angry over something small! Really trying to be better about it.

But this reminds me of the time where I witnessed another woman completely losing it on a flight from Madrid to NYC. Somewhere over the Atlantic and when the whole plane was asleep except for a handful of people it seemed, some woman just stood up and starting screaming & cursing at this girl behind her. I can't remember what exactly was said because it was almost 10 years ago but the flight attendants who were nearby by had to physically hold her back and told her to sit back down and not say another word to the girl behind her. (It was all really exciting and a bit scary at the time). When we landed, the two women were held back and as you got off the plane you saw a group of air marshals waiting for them.

All I gathered from what happened was that the girl behind her was either kicking her seat or putting that little table on the back of the chair up and down, or something. But she kept knocking the woman's chair which set her off.

Lesson: Always keep your cool while flying at 2k feet! Otherwise you may never fly again!

Fbjm wrote: »

Yeah, it's much better to take it out on your family when you get home :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Lesson: Always keep your cool while flying at 2k feet! Otherwise you may never fly again!

2k feet or 35k feet, the usual rules still apply! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

I can safely say I've never made it through a single round of golf without cursing at least 10 or 11 times. It gets much worse if I'm having a bad day on the links... tantrums, throwing clubs, f ing and blinding like there's no tomorrow. Only ever made to feel embarrassed about it once or twice as well; it's a collective pain!

Very rarely lose the head away from that, just the odd release of frustration but usually inaudible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

In Tesco late one evening at a self service waiting about 15 minutes for assistance, a large queue was waiting, one woman had already walked away with a basket without paying. I shouted at the top of my voice, "Where the fcuk is assistance" everyone looked around including staff at served counters, the manager came down from his office and sorted out the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

:confused:

Not really head scratchy though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭twistedsoul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

billybudd wrote: »
    Dont know why the op is getting a hard time, it was an entrance and like a exit should be clear at all times, the two adults impeded the young girl.

Op was maybe a bit ott with what she said but she had a right to react.

Regardless of whether the entrance was blocked or not, the OP's niece was rude in hitting off the man without acknowledging it, excited or not. and the OP was even worse for shouting about it and not seeing the point the man was making. If you bump into someone, you apologise- end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

ElleEm wrote: »
    Regardless of whether the entrance was blocked or not, the OP's niece was rude in hitting off the man without acknowledging it, excited or not. and the OP was even worse for shouting about it and not seeing the point the man was making. If you bump into someone, you apologise- end of.

Eh, this is the 5 year old you're talking about yeah? :rolleyes:
    At 5 they are learning manners, but you cannot expect them to have manners!
    An adult is a different story though, especially one who should be setting an example.

Eh, this is the 5 year old you're talking about yeah? :rolleyes:
    At 5 they are learning manners, but you cannot expect them to have manners!
    An adult is a different story though, especially one who should be setting an example.

I know some five year olds. They know not to run into people, and if they do, they say sorry. If they don't, the nearest adult will remind them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Mickey H wrote: »
    2k feet or 35k feet, the usual rules still apply! :)

:pac:I have no idea how high planes fly lol :o

I know some five year olds. They know not to run into people, and if they do, they say sorry. If they don't, the nearest adult will remind them.

Lol! You know some 5 year olds?!!

Obviously never had any yourself then?!
    You will learn some day!

Ah,the age old 'you don't have kids so you will never know'. I have worked with kids for yrs,as well as having nieces and nephews. The majority of yr olds don't run into people and think it's okay.

Ah,the age old 'you don't have kids so you will never know'. I have worked with kids for yrs,as well as having nieces and nephews. The majority of yr olds don't run into people and think it's okay.

Seriously, just admit that what you said was ridiculous, because it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

This isn't just rage...
    It's M N S rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Got really narky at someone saving seats with umbrellas in avoca cafe before they got their food.. Was in nicotine withdrawal tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You will learn some day!

It's only when you have kids that you learn they don't have any manners? Can't wait

Namlub wrote: »
    It's only when you have kids that you learn they don't have any manners? Can't wait

Riiiiiiight.
    Because that's exactly what I said.
    Maybe learn to read properly before posting in future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

You will learn some day!

That's a stupid thing to say.

People can work with children and have relatives that they're around all of the time. It's no achievement getting knocked up, why the attitude?

• Advertisement

Riiiiiiight.

Maybe learn to come up with something more original than 'Oooh you wouldn't understand because you don't have children' before the forced sarcasm at people questioning you?

Riiiiiiight.

What else are we to take from your response?
    She knows some 5 year olds who apologise if they bump into people. You laugh and say this means she mustn't have any herself. the implication is that if she did she'd know they don't have manners. :confused:

Namlub wrote: »
    Maybe learn to come up with something more original than 'Oooh you wouldn't understand because you don't have children' before the forced sarcasm at people questioning you?

Again, not what I said.
    You must know you're wrong on this one surely?

bluewolf wrote: »
    What else are we to take from your response?
    She knows some 5 year olds who apologise if they bump into people. You laugh and say this means she mustn't have any herself. the implication is that if she did she'd know they don't have manners. :confused:

Re-read the posts, properly.
    Don't see the point in repeating myself.

Re-read the posts, properly.
    Don't see the point in repeating myself.

I did re-read them which is why I'm asking. I'm not asking you to repeat yourself, I'm asking you to clarify.

Again, not what I said.
    You must know you're wrong on this one surely?
    Obviously never had any yourself then?! You will learn some day!
    No, that's pretty much what you said...

• Advertisement

In Tesco late one evening at a self service waiting about 15 minutes for assistance, a large queue was waiting, one woman had already walked away with a basket without paying. I shouted at the top of my voice, "Where the fcuk is assistance" everyone looked around including staff at served counters, the manager came down from his office and sorted out the problem.
    Lidl is notorious for that, around our parts anyway. Ya go in for a couple of things and end up putting them back and walking out coz there's only one till open and a long queue of people with full trolleys. Ya'd think someone would cop on and realise it's bad business to not have more tills open or have a 'ten items or less' checkout ffs.

bluewolf wrote: »
    I did re-read them which is why I'm asking. I'm not asking you to repeat yourself, I'm asking you to clarify.

Not that they don't have manners, but that they are only learning them, so can't be expected to have manners.

I am only commenting on the part of her response that I bolded - the part about how the op's niece was rude.

But the OP's niece WAS rude. I genuinely don't know one 5 yr old, and yes i do KNOW a lot, who would bump into someone without knowing they've done it, and it's impolite.

Maybe I just know really polite kids!

Eh its M&S.

10,000th post \0/
    Totally worth it.
    *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Tis the season of Goodwill......lets be nice to all mankind

• Advertisement
Advertisement