Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

when was the last time you lost your temper in public

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

If yer man was me I'd have taken a dump on your child's head, then vomit on your face.

I can vomit whenver I want because I'm just so awesome.

GO AWESOME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

MyKeyG wrote: »
    'Firstly' it's exactly what you said.Try to get what you said yourself straight if you plan to be taken seriously.:rolleyes:
    Sorry, you're right of course. I meant to say that the act of bumping in to the couple was not bad behaviour but the failure to apologise for the accident, in my opinion, is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Apologies, that post was composed during one of my less lucid moments.
    Wow. It's like you're two different people. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Ah losen up bluewolf.
    You will loose out if you don't.
    Careful now. That's just taking the piss. She'll let loose. :p It'll be bye bye flutterflye. We don't wanna lose ya.
    *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I don't think I've ever lost my temper in public. Or even raised my voice, in fact. However, I saw Charlie McCreevy at the Leopardstown races a couple of years ago and I flicked a 'v' sign at him to show my displeasure.

I was about 50 yards away at the time, and standing behind a pillar, but I reckon he got the message. I showed him who's boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Last year on the bus. The girl collecting the money was a **** so I told her so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Johro wrote: »
    Careful now. That's just taking the piss. She'll let loose. :p It'll be bye bye flutterflye. We don't wanna lose ya.
    *cough*

Eh... what?
    Who are you and what are you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

A few years ago my GF was living in Dublin so I came back with her after one of her weekend visits home. We decided to let the crowd at Heuston move on so went into Supermacs.

A woman came in with a baby and two young kids. She sat behind and to the right of my GF. The kids ran ragged which didn't bother me because they were just being kids. I was halfway through my meal when she lay the baby on her lap and started changing it's nappy. She was about 5 yards away and what was in the babies nappy was just disgusting. She caught my eye and I must have looked mad because her face dropped and she mouthed sorry. I just boiled over. I stood up, pointed and shouted 'THAT'S DISGUSTING! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!'

The whole place went quiet and I just walked out and left the food there. I was worried people might think I was doing it just because she was black but I heard someone incredulously say 'Is she changing the nappy?' The only time I freaked out in public without drink down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

MyKeyG wrote: »
    A few years ago my GF was living in Dublin so I came back with her after one of her weekend visits home. We decided to let the crowd at Heuston move on so went into Supermacs.

A woman came in with a baby and two young kids. She sat behind and to the right of my GF. The kids ran ragged which didn't bother me because they were just being kids. I was halfway through my meal when she lay the baby on her lap and started changing it's nappy. She was about 5 yards away and what was in the babies nappy was just disgusting. She caught my eye and I must have looked mad because her face dropped and she mouthed sorry. I just boiled over. I stood up, pointed and shouted 'THAT'S DISGUSTING! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!'

The whole place went quiet and I just walked out and left the food there. I was worried people might think I was doing it just because she was black but I heard someone incredulously say 'Is she changing the nappy?' The only time I freaked out in public without drink down.

She apologised you racist :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I didnt know Monday Night Soccer were giving out cupcakes!!!!

Think I may tune in from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

She apologised you racist :P
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Last year on the bus. The girl collecting the money was a **** so I told her so.

there was a girl collecting money on a bus? :confused:

there was a girl collecting money on a bus? :confused:
    Yep. Private bus companies mostly in Donegal.

Yep. Private bus companies mostly in Donegal.

What was she collecting money for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I didnt know Monday Night Soccer were giving out cupcakes!!!!

Think I may tune in from now on

Beat me to it! Looks like manners weren't the only things that were lacking!

MNS = Monday Night Soccer
    M&S = a UK chainstore

As for the OP's story - of course the guy is entitled not to be bumped off by a kid whose mother doesn't (even want to) teach her how to behave act in public.

• Advertisement

Em because the bus isnt free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Concern.

Em because the bus isnt free.

I didn't think it was free,you just normally dont hear it described like that - its usually a matter of giving the bus driver money when you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I thought this thread was about losing your temper in public not on after hours.

Anyhow.....

Myself, my Mam and my sister went shopping in Dundalk a while back, it was a summers day so as you do, i had a white vest top on and as I don't have fashion sense I had a black bra on underneath.

We headed into this well known shop that has a few different brand names. I queued up and bought a few things and my sister was behind me in the queue.

After I bought my stuff my sister headed up to the counter to hear the 2 sales assistants talking about how stupid I looked with my black bra and my white vest top. My sister being my sister told them if they had any cop on they should be glad of any customer that comes through that door and is willing to pay their salary and shouldn't be taking the piss out of them. She even called their manager over and they got a bollocking from their manager too.

I didn't even know what was going on. Ahhh family... they can be great at times. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

When I was a toddler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

hondasam wrote: »
    He has a point, her mother should teach her some manners. You could learn some as well.

They all could do with more manners especially the man blocking the doorway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

I love this thread :)

When a 5 year old saying "excuse me" or not after bumping into some old man is this high on your agenda... you know that life is pretty good.

(Not having a go at you OP, just the thread in general.)

EDIT: Whoops, sorry does this count as necro-ing a thread?
    I tend to only visit the forum every once and a while and read back through the threads.

Advertisement