Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dwemer? Where did they go?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

So what do you think happened them?

14ish games and each alludes to them.

stuff we know (now), a lot more im just sticking in whats fresh :D
    • They had a scroll, and tried to read it. Said Scroll could move things in time and possibly another plane.
    • They made the Snow Elfs into Falmer either nefariously or unintentional. They did offer them shelter tho, dunno if they evil or just wanted to test **** out.
    • They tried to make a god (3 times?). Kag lad was close to becoming one but war seemed to get in his way.
    • Aedra and Daedra hated them. They tricked a Daedra.
    • All but 1 vanished, only ever been 1 in TES. he didnt know what happened but felt it.
    • Duracell would be proud of their achievements.

I think they tried to either read the scroll or use the glove Kag made (he wanted to be a god) and it vapourised the entire civilisation to another moon planet in the area. And they will be back, the fact the scroll is sitting in a test machine and the cube was sitting in one before the wizard nicked it. Means they were close to making themselves a god or understanding how gods worked. Skyrim putting the last 2 into the equation makes me think we will see them soon enough.

Dont recall anything in the game being powerful enough to wipe out an entire race in one go, only the scrolls but they only referenced vaguely. (you only see 2 in 14 games? not sure of that)

I would prefer to kill Thalmor next or not.......but could see an epic struggle for Dwemerborn bringing back the Dwemer as an outright game/storyline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Major spoiler warning: don't read if you haven't completed the main quest!
    Considering that the Elder Scroll that was used against Alduin only banished him in time, rather than dimensions, leads me to think the Dwemer befell the same fate. The sudden mass disappearance of the whole race is a bit odd, alright, but it fits in with Alduins banishment in its sudden-ness.

Exploring the Dwemer ruins leads me to think that they were not prepared to leave, as all of their machinery (worker spiders and guardians) carry on as if nothing had changed. If you sneak behind the spider workers, for example, they appear to be attempting to clear rubble and there are signs of tunnels under construction.

As for the Falmer, that one is something I'm still puzzling over. I had thought that they had degenerated into a primitive state (especially considering their affinity for using Charus parts for... well, everything) but when I was in Blackreach I came across a number of Falmer servants. I thought nothing of it for a while then it hit me - servants are free, not slaves. They appeared to consist of all races - humans, Bosmer, Dunmer, Orismer and even an Argonian. I didn't see any Khajit or Altmer (expected) and they were in fairly poor looking garb, but they didn't appear to want to fight the Falmer at all. I have come across prisoners of the Falmer but they always attempted to fight the Falmer as soon as they're free. Then there's the numerous corpses the Falmer dissect (and eat, buy the looks) and the huge array of rare ingredients they tend to have scattered around their camps. It all hints at a much more complex society than their primitive garb and looks would suggest.

All in all, I have a feeling that both the Falmer and Dwemer will feature prominently in either the next game or the DLC's. There seems to be a wealth of information about them in this game.

Bear in mind though, that I never played Morrowind and only played the first few missions of Oblivion, so I could be well off in my conclusions.

I reckon the Dwemer will be back and we will have them as a playable race in the next game. Maybe it's the Falmer keeping the Dwemer machines running in the ruins? Just a thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i assumed the falmer servants had just been brainwashed or something
    i was very surprised the first time some of them attacked me
    i was already in my maxed out dragon armour so they did no damage at all, I just sat there shouting at the screen that I was here to help them

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

kfish2oo2 wrote: »
    Major spoiler warning: don't read if you haven't completed the main quest!
    Considering that the Elder Scroll that was used against Alduin only banished him in time, rather than dimensions, leads me to think the Dwemer befell the same fate. The sudden mass disappearance of the whole race is a bit odd, alright, but it fits in with Alduins banishment in its sudden-ness.

Exploring the Dwemer ruins leads me to think that they were not prepared to leave, as all of their machinery (worker spiders and guardians) carry on as if nothing had changed. If you sneak behind the spider workers, for example, they appear to be attempting to clear rubble and there are signs of tunnels under construction.

As for the Falmer, that one is something I'm still puzzling over. I had thought that they had degenerated into a primitive state (especially considering their affinity for using Charus parts for... well, everything) but when I was in Blackreach I came across a number of Falmer servants. I thought nothing of it for a while then it hit me - servants are free, not slaves. They appeared to consist of all races - humans, Bosmer, Dunmer, Orismer and even an Argonian. I didn't see any Khajit or Altmer (expected) and they were in fairly poor looking garb, but they didn't appear to want to fight the Falmer at all. I have come across prisoners of the Falmer but they always attempted to fight the Falmer as soon as they're free. Then there's the numerous corpses the Falmer dissect (and eat, buy the looks) and the huge array of rare ingredients they tend to have scattered around their camps. It all hints at a much more complex society than their primitive garb and looks would suggest.

All in all, I have a feeling that both the Falmer and Dwemer will feature prominently in either the next game or the DLC's. There seems to be a wealth of information about them in this game.

Bear in mind though, that I never played Morrowind and only played the first few missions of Oblivion, so I could be well off in my conclusions.

Have to agree there is a lot more information on them,on my first playthrough i never really read many of the books.

But im playing through it again and there is countless books on there history,laws,society and more.

I'd love to see them in a DLC they seem very intelligent be nice to see what there like

Advertisement