Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax back help!!!

Options
  • 06-12-2011 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how I can claim my tax back from my 4 months working in New York this summer. I was working for a family member but was paying tax and medical.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dannyman2010

ya see what ya do is ya ring up coco and he'll tell you what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how I can claim my tax back from my 4 months working in New York this summer. I was working for a family member but was paying tax and medical.

Cheers

There are a couple of places in town. alternatively you could do turbotax or another software. An online place I used was GW carter but it is 200-300 and may not be worth it for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Email your sponsor provider (if it's Usit programmes@usit.ie) and they'll send you a list of what forms you need and the options you have for filing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

If you had a SSN your employer should issue a W-2 which would have been mailed to whatever address they had listed for you. It has a the details on what you earned and what taxes you paid and it is the basis of your tax return.

You have until April 17th to file your taxes and you'll get refunded whatever extra you paid, depending on how you file the taxes you'll get your refund either by check or direct deposit.

Advertisement