Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for securing vulnerable windows

• 06-12-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I want to secure three vulnerable windows in a property, I have looked at removable window bars, which are quite expensive and can't find an Irish supplier (I am happy to buy supply only and fit myself). The removable bars seem like a good option- quick(ish) to fit, removable and a good visual deterrent. Anyone any experience of these or used an Irish supplier or recommend anyone? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

I got the safety film put on a vulnerable window in my house to prevent smashing and added window locks to both sides of the wooden frames to prevent them being prised open.
    but mine is a residential home and I think that is all I would need.http://burglarybusters.ie/windows.php
    Maybe in other circumstances you could go for security grilles.

windows-4.jpg
    I heard about the Irish company that did the work for me burglarybusters here on Boards in an earlier thread on Door Jamb Armour.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74962264
    I think they did a good job and have made me feel more secure, so much so that I started a thread on the actual physical security of houses which I think needs more attention to be given to.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably better suited to DIY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Thanks ambersky, had a look at that website- more food for thought, cheers.

Advertisement