Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Karkand...initial impressions & how to download

Options
  • 06-12-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, post your initial impressions here.

Also do you know when it is released (Irish time) and how someone with the Physical Warfare pack can get the code for the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

It's available at noon today according to PlaystationEU on Twitter. Assume it will be up on the PS Store

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I think I can speak for the rest of the non PS3 community. I hate you guys! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

How do you redeem it though? Should I have the code already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

is it not coming in a huge auto download patch? something like 2gb. or am i way off the mark? also is it free for limited edition owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

1326MB is the download size. Just downloading it now.

• Advertisement

Schwiiing wrote: »
    is it not coming in a huge auto download patch? something like 2gb. or am i way off the mark? also is it free for limited edition owners?

It is free for limited edition holders (i.e. me). That is why I am asking how I can get access to it when it is free (if that makes sense)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

mozattack wrote: »
    It is free for limited edition holders (i.e. me). That is why I am asking how I can get access to it when it is free (if that makes sense)

its in ps store under ps3 add-ons. just downloading it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I think I can speak for the rest of the non PS3 community. I hate you guys! :(

Don't be jealous my friend, they can only ever experience 24man - scaled down versions of what we get to experience :)

Let them have their week in the sun, then we shall attack the 64man karkand in all it's destructive glory :) , we get to play in parts of the map they can only see as a backdrop :) :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

This ^ make's me happy now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

when is it available for PC users or is it already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Every server with a new map that I join is unplayable. Everyone is stuck standing in the spawn area unable to move. No countdown on the screen either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Skerries wrote: »
    when is it available for PC users or is it already?

this day next week i think.

For those looking to download it
    It can be found in the PSN store or within the game

On the screen that lets you select campaign, multiplayer etc near the bottom their is a few more options like My soldier and one is "store" if you go in there you see Available Back To Karkand click X to buy it and it comes up as free if you have limited edition.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Don't be jealous my friend, they can only ever experience 24man - scaled down versions of what we get to experience :)

Let them have their week in the sun, then we shall attack the 64man karkand in all it's destructive glory :) , we get to play in parts of the map they can only see as a backdrop :) :cool:

Yeah and be part of a 32 v 32 game where your input/involvement (although exciting at first) becomes pointless knowing that 1 player, i.e. yourself, has no input into such a large game.
    12 v 12 all the way (but not on whopper large maps)
    12 v 12 all the way as makes no odds on Rush
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so its out on ps3? so next tuesday...

527971_main.jpg

Yeah and be part of a 32 v 32 game where your input/involvement (although exciting at first) becomes pointless knowing that 1 player, i.e. yourself, has no input into such a large game.
    J

-Well it's an option we have...and it's not really pointless considering clans can squad up and be on comms such as teamspeak/mumble/ventrilo
    -The server browser and joining friends is also more intuitive and easier, so not really a problem either
    -Finally we can also play 12v12 anytime we like, or 16v16 or 24v24
    No matter which way you slice it, the PC version is infinitely superior to the console versions.
    Enjoy your week :)

SeantheMan wrote: »
    -Well it's an option we have...and it's not really pointless considering clans can squad up and be on comms such as teamspeak/mumble/ventrilo
    -The server browser and joining friends is also more intuitive and easier, so not really a problem either
    -Finally we can also play 12v12 anytime we like, or 16v16 or 24v24
    No matter which way you slice it, the PC version is infinitely superior to the console versions.
    Enjoy your week :)

I hope it is better given the cost of having a PC, the relatively small monitors when compared to TVs for PS3 and the fact that PC gaming is best suited to those who are proficient in Microsoft Word (can use a mouse)

Anyway why hijack a PS3 thread if you a PC elitist?

I didn't, I came to see peoples impressions of Karkand as we are unable to play it as of yet.
    Ktulu123 then posted he hated yous, and I told him to bide his time..after which you quoted me, and I replied.
    I'm not a PC elitist, I also have BF3 for Xbox360

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Downloading it now its taking FOREVER only about 30% done and it says theres over 600 minutes remaining?!?!?!:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Downloading it now its taking FOREVER only about 30% done and it says theres over 600 minutes remaining?!?!?!:eek::confused:

Only took me around 20.

Chavways wrote: »
    Only took me around 20.

20 minutes?! FFS I dunno whats happening but my internet is sh*t slow lately! Its ok to use my laptop on the net and to play BF 3 online, but download time is gone to sh*t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    20 minutes?! FFS I dunno whats happening but my internet is sh*t slow lately! Its ok to use my laptop on the net and to play BF 3 online, but download time is gone to sh*t!

Do you have any torrents open or is anyone in the house streaming something?

Nope,

PS3 is on downloading the update nothing more and i'm on the internet on my laptop, nothing else that I know of is online, i'm wondering is some1 hacking our internet to say it is downloading so slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Surely the most pertinent question should be what speed connection does he have. I am assuming that you don't know that already!!

Can't believe that this is coming out on the PS3 a week before the PC. Joke to be honest.

Surely the most pertinent question should be what speed connection does he have. I am assuming that you don't know that already!!

Can't believe that this is coming out on the PS3 a week before the PC. Joke to be honest.

Just went onto speedtest.net and this is the result.

1633872970.png

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Loving the expansion.. had a game on Wake Island that was insane, so much going on

Unlocked the Famas, and it is a beastly gun.. red dot & suppressor = unstoppable. Just waiting for the Battlefield forums to be full of "FAMAS IS OP, NERF IT" threads

Well I gave up on it there anyway, put the download into background and paused it, then turned off the system, will that cancel the download or can I just go back to it tomorrow and resume the download when I turn it back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Couldn't get the limited edition on release day, sold out, so I got the standard one. My brother got the limited edition though, so my question is : can I download the map pack off my brothers account on my PS3? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

No its not. Check the amount of people online per platform, there's waaay more playing it on consoles than PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

J

not this idiot again, he was already put in his place last time he spouted this argument.

enjoy the scaled down game.
    I hope it is better given the cost of having a PC, the relatively small monitors when compared to TVs for PS3 and the fact that PC gaming is best suited to those who are proficient in Microsoft Word (can use a mouse)

Anyway why hijack a PS3 thread if you a PC elitist?

you pay for what you get, my pc would rape my ps3 ten times over, and i have my pc years.

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    not this idiot again, he was already put in his place last time he spouted this argument.

enjoy the scaled down game.

you pay for what you get, my pc would rape my ps3 ten times over, and i have my pc years.

I am the idiot... says who?

I could go out any buy a PC in the morning that would blitz your nerd machine so why be so so proud of your beloved nerd-toy? It is very simple, this is a Playstation thread so why not stick to the PC thread when you can wait another 6 days before playing the game even if it is 1,000 v 1,000 and your skill (if any) is completely wasted

Advertisement