Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Karkand...initial impressions & how to download

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Got to play for a while quite late last night because it wasn't working too well before.

First impressions are very good but hard when ya have no idea of the maps (although I played Wake Island on BF1943 before) but really good nevertheless.

Conquest Assault; I don't get it? Please educate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

mozattack wrote: »
    I am the idiot... says who?

I could go out any buy a PC in the morning that would blitz your nerd machine so why be so so proud of your beloved nerd-toy? It is very simple, this is a Playstation thread so why not stick to the PC thread when you can wait another 6 days before playing the game even if it is 1,000 v 1,000 and your skill (if any) is completely wasted

so im a nerd that i play pc AND console? LOL, you sir, are a genuine idiot.
    do i really need to post the pc v console player skill difference article again.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    do i really need to post the pc v console player skill difference article again.

Playing games on two machines... hmm, yes nerd to me. I am sorry to say.

Yes repost that article again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

2 guys on a game forum accusing each other of being nerds, oh the irony. We're all bloody nerds.

Alright here's my 2 cents, i've both PS3 and PC and there was never a doubt in my mind i was getting BF3 on the PC, most other games i'll go with the PS3. However I'm getting sick to death of the high and mighty PC only players decreeing that we listen to their awesome wisdom and that we're all wrong and opinion doesn't matter. consoles have pretty much taken over, but there are somethings PC are awesome for. also this is a PS3 thread to discuss the karkand DLC, there should no PC mention, and no offense mozz but your arguments are pretty daft and prompt some PC guys to peak up. Ask 99% of PS3\xbox owners and the 24 person limit would be high on their agenda.

So anyways back on topic whats sharqui like? used love that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I really love the karkand maps! :D After playing them, I don't wanna go back and play normal maps. IMO, it's much more intense, even you dont spawn to your squads you dont have to travel for ages, once you spawn it's straight up action. I'm playing rush btw.

• Advertisement

Re Maps...

I dunno yet cos I am lost in them but they seem good. Not sure will I play Conquest Assault at all, seems crap when I played it so will stick to Rush which was typically brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Rush on karkand????

that must be insane!

Get used to the maps it'll be worth it, conq was great on sharqui and karkand once you got the first flag, there was so many different ways to get the other flags and flank teams and so many alleys, being in a tank was a disadvantage. i'm trying to imagine karkand rush and know it'll be nasty.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Rush on karkand????

that must be insane!

Was really good but I never played BC2 so I dont know how to compare. The maps are unreal detailed, so many places to hide out, camp, run to. Tis brilliant really.

BF2!!!!

not BC2...

Edit: And conquest Assault is where one side starts holding all the flags and the other side starts with none and has to push through taking all the flags and which point the defending team cannot respawn anymore and it becomes very intense

much like Titan mode its a mode Rush was developed from.

• Advertisement

Get used to the maps it'll be worth it, conq was great on sharqui and karkand once you got the first flag, there was so many different ways to get the other flags and flank teams and so many alleys, being in a tank was a disadvantage. i'm trying to imagine karkand rush and know it'll be nasty.

You mean Conq Assault, yeah?

Why is it different to Conq. Just dont understand why one team has all the bases starting out. What happens if you take their final base (C.A. noob here)

If the attackers hold all flags,and all enemy are dead(no spawn point no spawn), the round ends. Sound crap but it was great, it led to some really last ditch defending and mad panics by the attackers when all flags were gotten but the round hadn't ended, meaning someone was still alive. then you'd see a mass rush of vehicles as a flag went nuetral on the othe side of the map. Should be interesting with spawn beacons. i miss those kind of maps, sharqui was another great one.

Karkand was BF2, 30% if not more of all servers were karkand only servers, the map was that good. a great map for infantry only as well. Its the destruction in karkand that i'm most looking forward to.

and i dream of a titan mode, bring on 2143.

Karkand was BF2, 30% if not more of all servers were karkand only servers, the map was that good. a great map for infantry only as well. Its the destruction in karkand that i'm most looking forward to.

Karkand was the argument for why Bad Company came out the way it did. It was hands down the most popular map in BF2 but it was nowhere near the biggest nor did it have air units of any kind and it was quite tight as a map much less open then other BF2 maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Free ball.

Im realy enjoying the new DLC maps however since the down load i have had 2 system crashes on my ps3. The screen freezes and have to hit the power button to restart. I got the game the day after the launch date and had three crashes before the patch wich seemd to resolve the problem. But now with the new DLC its back. I would be intrested to hear if anybody els has had similer issues on the ps3 and were they able to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

And conquest Assault is where one side starts holding all the flags and the other side starts with none and has to push through taking all the flags and which point the defending team cannot respawn anymore and it becomes very intense

I asked this earlier, and Blitz raised it again...
    Has conquest assault been Kept ? it was the format for Karkand and Wake Island...please tell it is still so ?...and do the US get extra Jets etc for capturing the airfield on wake still ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

This sucks the way I got to wait a week for this to be on Xbox 360.
    Hate these timed releases. Especially when I already paid for the DLC by getting the special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I asked this earlier, and Blitz raised it again...
    Has conquest assault been Kept ? it was the format for Karkand and Wake Island...please tell it is still so ?...and do the US get extra Jets etc for capturing the airfield on wake still ?

you can but the mobile anti air is on the side of the defenders (at the airfield)and everyone camps it so it can be quite difficult as it rapes everything as you prob know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

not this idiot again, he was already put in his place last time he spouted this argument.

enjoy the scaled down game.

you pay for what you get, my pc would rape my ps3 ten times over, and i have my pc years.

Since you can't make points with including personal abuse, do not post on this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

So it's finally happened... the most embarrassing moment that's happened to me in BF3. I've blown myself up with C4, killed myself many a time in planes, helis and by jumping off high buildings etc etc... but

I cannot come to terms with being roadkilled by the fcuking bulldozer of all things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

LighterGuy wrote: »
    This sucks the way I got to wait a week for this to be on Xbox 360.
    Hate these timed releases. Especially when I already paid for the DLC by getting the special edition.

A week is nothing. Us PS3 gamers had to wait a MONTH for DLC on more than a few big games and thats including upcoming DLC for Skyrim :mad:.

If we managed, you'll manage no problem when its a fraction of the wait time.

• Advertisement

Loving B2K so far to be honest. The maps are so detailed in that you can go into so many buildings, go on top of roofs, cranes, up stairs etc. It is is brilliant.

I don't know the maps too well yet meaning I get mixed up with Gulf of Oman, Sharqi and Back to Karkland so I couldn’t tell you which I prefer at the moment as they all seem good. There is a bug in Gulf of Oman where you can shoot through the rails on the stairs in the building oppoisite B in the first round of Rush though.

Conquest Assault is good as there is a lot of combat but I notice the rounds end very fast, maybe 8 – 10 minutes being the average at the moment. Too quick for me.

Whats the buzz with the Famas? Seems to be the most popular gun at the moment. I will plough on with the AEK-97 in the hope that 1 day I will unlock the red-dot/holo/kobra as the x4 scope in it is terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    A week is nothing. Us PS3 gamers had to wait a MONTH for DLC on more than a few big games and thats including upcoming DLC for Skyrim :mad:.

If we managed, you'll manage no problem when its a fraction of the wait time.

No, i'd still rather moan :pac:

Advertisement