Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24Meg NGB Pathetically slow

Options
  • 06-12-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm on the 24Meg NGB in Letterkenny, Donegal. Speedtest is giving me 8Meg max the past few weeks. This is a joke, download speeds and ping is terrible for what I'm paying for, not to mention all the other costs of having eircom.

Can this be rectified???

Colin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Farls wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm on the 24Meg NGB in Letterkenny, Donegal. Speedtest is giving me 8Meg max the past few weeks. This is a joke, download speeds and ping is terrible for what I'm paying for, not to mention all the other costs of having eircom.

Can this be rectified???

Colin.

Hi Colin,

Can you private message with your eircom telephone number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Just feedback for anyone reading this thread, pm'd Mark and he was quick on replies but what has happened is eircom signed me up for 24Meg line whilst they have my connection capped at 10Meg and I get speeds of 8Meg or slower.

Fantastic service I have to say :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Farls wrote: »
    Just feedback for anyone reading this thread, pm'd Mark and he was quick on replies but what has happened is eircom signed me up for 24Meg line whilst they have my connection capped at 10Meg and I get speeds of 8Meg or slower.

Fantastic service I have to say :rolleyes:

Hi Farls,

The order for the "up to24 MB NGB Ultimate" was issued as part of the inital online order. All the information regarding broadband availability and the fact the service is never guaranteed was in the terms and conditions that must be ticked before the order is prcessed.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Hi Farls,

The order for the "up to24 MB NGB Ultimate" was issued as part of the inital online order. All the information regarding broadband availability and the fact the service is never guaranteed was in the terms and conditions that must be ticked before the order is prcessed.

Thanks, Mark

Your 100% correct Mark, I don't remember reading anything about my line being capped at 10MB though???

A decent company would make it clear upon ordering what the realistic speeds are.

Advertisement