Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weather in Sydney

• 06-12-2011 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

I know since im coming from Ireland I shouldnt be complaining, But Im really getting sick of the ****ty weather of the last few weeks, Stuck inside most days cause of it and now i hear another week of it on the way:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

I know its a joke. Aussies are saying that its totally unusual for it to be this **** at this time of year. Im calling Sod's Law...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I really think Im a jinx, Everytime i go on holiday its the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

on the other hand, my experience last Feb of Sydney, 40+ degrees, was as unbearable as the lashing rain. I was also stuck inside most days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Batgurl wrote: »
    I know its a joke. Aussies are saying that its totally unusual for it to be this **** at this time of year. Im calling Sod's Law...:(

It's La Nina. Not unusual, just only happens every few years.
    This summer was expected to be ****ty according a workmate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Worst start to December in 50 years according to the News so it is just downright unfortunate.

Would definitely take this over the 38/40 degree days with the warm hair dryer following you around!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

astonaidan wrote: »
    I really think Im a jinx, Everytime i go on holiday its the same

I KNEW THE IRISH WERE TO BLAME.

*shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Mellor wrote: »
    This summer was expected to be ****ty according a workmate.

What sort of predictions are they making? Will it likely improve by january/february time? I'll be in Sydney in february next year so hoping for some change in fortunes lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ah they were just saying that its a point of the la nina/el nino cycle this year. So the whole year has been pretty bad.

Jan and feb are always very hot, they'll prob be hot and wet this year ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

When I first arrived in 2004/2005 the first couple of summers was very hot/dry and we were on water restrictions because the Dams was at something like 23% after like 4 or 5 years similar weather. Today the Dams are 80% because we have had a couple of events in the last few years, I heard its on the turn and although most of next year is going be wet it will start settle down for a few years of dry weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Stunning weather in Melbourne all this week. Just saying. :);)

• Advertisement

Ok today was worse than yesterday, Its offical its definintly my fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

34 in adelaide today. Only 33 tomorrow. Cold front coming in next week. 23+ for a few days. Brrrrr.....!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

It will only be for a few days. Been here two years now and this is one of the worst that I remember. So upwards from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I'm flying out to Sydney next week, for a 2 week holiday. What kind of clothes should I be preparing to bring?

coco_lola wrote: »
    I'm flying out to Sydney next week, for a 2 week holiday. What kind of clothes should I be preparing to bring?

Rain Jacket, Oilskins! Whatever you wear on a day out fishing be my anwser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I think its supposed to get hot soon.

Jumpy wrote: »
    I think its supposed to get hot soon.
    Ask any Oz and theyll tell you in the next few weeks it will be roasting, But I heard for next 10 days itll be ****ty, This came from on site when we were taking our 3rd 1 hour rain break which for some reasons dont count as lunch chances:D, Working 7 to 5 but missing 5 of those hours due to rain and breaks, God I love Australia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Bumping this:what's the weather like now? Packing at the mo, flying on Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yesterday was great - clear blue skies and pretty warm
    today looks a bit cloudy and around 20c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Is Sydney a city that gets above the 30-35C region? If so how common is that in the summer? I've been looking at Sydney temps over the past week or two and its barely climbing above 20C so just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah usually it does - Jan and Feb are the better months - Dec is always hit and miss and rainy

Personally 28c is a perfect temp! and anything over 33 I struggle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Jan and feb too hot and humid for me. A high of 28/29 is fine for me so long it cools down at night to say 17/18 with a gentle brezze. Perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Gnobe wrote: »
    Is Sydney a city that gets above the 30-35C region? If so how common is that in the summer? I've been looking at Sydney temps over the past week or two and its barely climbing above 20C so just wondering.

Sydney will have a fair few days 30+ most summers. We've already had a few days that went over 30 since winter.
    42 was the hottest I saw last year. Great fun problem solving standing outside in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

My question is Sydney weather related but... Whats the weather like there in March :o I know, sorry, it's a few months away but just a rough idea? I'm presuming it will still be relatively warm maybe?

Advertisement