Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 15.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Roar wrote: »
    a BJJ blackbelt with shocking hands, spends the entire fight on his fight. :confused:

I was screaming at him to try and take him down. It was frustrating to watch. Taking nothing away from Lawrence who fought very well. But if you're a blackbelt, why don't you play to your strengths?
    I think Marcello was over confident in his stand up game. They trained for a stand up fight and that was their gameplan. It backfired horribly.
    I think he went for one takedown and it didn't go to plan at all. Fair play to Lawrence though. He picked him apart and was never in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

He probably remembered how the last fighter who shot on one of Cruz's guys ended up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The most frustrating thing was that whenever Marcello threw a punch he stuck his chin in the air. It was obvious to me that he was eventually gonna get caught with a big left hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DonkyPlonk

Klim wrote: »
    If you go into Sky+ setup (services button) , there is an option to add up to ten minutes onto a recording, at the start or end of a programme. Not fail-proof by any means, but very helpful for live events. Would've meant you caught the ending at least, this time.

that never worked for me last time out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Unlucky for Marcello that he got picked for that fight, hopefully he gets a win in the finale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The most frustrating thing was that whenever Marcello threw a punch he stuck his chin in the air. It was obvious to me that he was eventually gonna get caught with a big left hand

IIRC he put his chin down once. Urijah was screaming for him to keep it down and after he shouted it like 6 times he put it down. Then threw a punch and off to the skies went his chin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

Only got to watch it there lawrence looked good but sky didnt record the picks at the end again

Dean09 wrote: »
    YOUTUBE

What an excrusiatingly bad video!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    YOUTUBE

What an excrusiatingly bad video!
    Hahaha I know! Its terrible but I thought I'd put it up anyway. The only bit I liked was where Cruz got down in his knees to pretend he was Faber. I don't think it'll be up for any oscars soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

liverbear wrote: »
    Only got to watch it there lawrence looked good but sky didnt record the picks at the end again

Record the following programme also

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Record the following programme also

Looks like that is what I will have to do but the box is nearly full have to get watchin and deleting

So who does everyone think will win tonight?
    I was just watching some of both guys fights and from that footage and from their records I'm gonna have to go with Al Iaquinta. He seems to be the better fighter and more well rounded than Jury.
    I know Jury has a better record but his level of competition hasn't been top notch. Some might say he has a padded record.
    Iaquintas opponents haven't been world class either by any means but they seem a damn sight better than Jurys.

I'd say Al Iaquinta by KO.

Decent enough fight in last nights episode. Jury clearly won the first rd and then Iaquinta did well to win the second. But I think Iaquinta could've finished the fight in the second when he had Jury hurt but he hesitated way too much and was waiting to counter instead of going for the finish.
    I think a third rd was the right decision and Iaquinta definitely controlled that rd to win the fight. I don't understand how one judge scored it for Jury.

I like the way both coaches in this season seem to genuinely care about and want to help th fighters. I liked how Faber got the life coach in and let both teams get involved in the seminar. I think Tickle is a bit of an idiot the way he goes on and he was the only one to sit it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i see paddy power are betting on these fights also

iaquinta was 11/5 to beat jury
    it did seem like a big price in fairness even though i dont
    even recall jury fighting

Really really good fight this week. I had Iaquinta winning the 2nd and 3rd. Jury could've done better IMO, he seemed to tire.

Hahaha I know! Its terrible but I thought I'd put it up anyway. The only bit I liked was where Cruz got down in his knees to pretend he was Faber. I don't think it'll be up for any oscars soon.

When it comes to videos, it's definitely Faber who does it better

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭onlyasuggestion

With the format of the show this year being live does that mean that Faber and Cruz could watch the previous weeks episode and pick up things like guys taking knocks (like in Mike Rio's case).

As far as I'm aware they're not living in isolation like the fighters so why not?

With the format of the show this year being live does that mean that Faber and Cruz could watch the previous weeks episode and pick up things like guys taking knocks (like in Mike Rio's case).

As far as I'm aware they're not living in isolation like the fighters so why not?

Yeah this is very very true! No reason they can't watch and learn of these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Faber did an interview where he said yes, he knows about Rio's injury but he wouldn't really pick Rio for a fight because he was injured...if it made sense to fight him he would do it but he wouldn't put one of his lads against him to take advantage of him being injured because he thinks it would be a bit of a dick move.

Faber did an interview where he said yes, he knows about Rio's injury but he wouldn't really pick Rio for a fight because he was injured...if it made sense to fight him he would do it but he wouldn't put one of his lads against him to take advantage of him being injured because he thinks it would be a bit of a dick move.

Fair play to him for that. Both coaches this season seem to care about the fighters and want the best for them.
    Needs more pranks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Both coaches this season seem to care about the fighters and want the best for them.

Yeah they are both good coaches and I like both of them for different reasons; Faber being laid back yet looking out for his fighters and Cruz really wants to improve his fighters so will really push them hard.

In the last episode Ogle was talking about how he wanted to fight Rio and how he thought it would be a good match up for him and how he wanted the opportunity to finish what McClean had started. I think the only thing that will get finished in that fight is Ogle.

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    In the last episode Ogle was talking about how he wanted to fight Rio and how he thought it would be a good match up for him and how he wanted the opportunity to finish what McClean had started. I think the only thing that will get finished in that fight is Ogle.

Rio's knee is poxed as of last week, if he had matched for the fight right after Iaquinta-Jury then I think he'd win on Friday, otherwise he might surprise people.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Headsup anyone that has it series linked on sky, they changed the "live" part on the schedule so I had to relink as it disappeared from the planner

• Advertisement

So what's everyones pick for this week?

I'm gonna go with a win for Chiesa.
    I know his Dad died in the first week and he missed a couple of days but he seems really motivated since that and is using that as a driving force in his training.
    Plus I was just reading an article about it and it says Larson has trained with Cruz in the past and yet he was still Cruz's last pick. That doesn't really give off a positive impression.

Chiesa by way of pwning. My other prediction on the only other thing that one can predict is that Cruz will then pick Ogle to fight Rio the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

kojack wrote: »
    Headsup anyone that has it series linked on sky, they changed the "live" part on the schedule so I had to relink as it disappeared from the planner

i checked the schedule earlier today and it doesent seem to be on at all tonight. fightcode is on instead. anyone know what the story is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

sonic85 wrote: »
    i checked the schedule earlier today and it doesent seem to be on at all tonight. fightcode is on instead. anyone know what the story is?

It's on at 3am dude.On espn uk.....that fight code thing is on at 12.30 or 1am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

shezer wrote: »

http://tv.espn.co.uk/ei/espl/tv-schedule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

shezer wrote: »

cheers. i thought that was a repeat or something - there was no mention of it being a live show.

Decent enough fight in last nights episode. Jury clearly won the first rd and then Iaquinta did well to win the second. But I think Iaquinta could've finished the fight in the second when he had Jury hurt but he hesitated way too much and was waiting to counter instead of going for the finish.
    I think a third rd was the right decision and Iaquinta definitely controlled that rd to win the fight. I don't understand how one judge scored it for Jury.

Only got to watch this last night, I know, a fight behind at this stage!

Thanks to Leeg for uploading it for me.

I think Iaquinta fought a really good fight. Maybe not so much in the first round but he was clearly getting his confidence as every second passed. IMO, he was right to hang back and pick him off the way he did. He got caught with a knee (I think in the second) that didn't really seem to do damage him but definitely kept him at bay.

No need to go in for the kill when you're clearly taking the guy to school. Although I would have liked a KO, the fight was still really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Poor fight this week. Chiesa (sp?) just dominated the grappling as expected. Even with the 1 point deduction he still dominated the first round.

Liked Faber calling out Tickle the way he did and Tickle saying lets go now then punk and everyone just ignored him. Really hope he gets a hiding.

Someone was saying there's no pranks. I'd say that's nearly all to do with it being on FX and going mainstream. There's probably stuff going on but they're just editing it out.

I think Tickle is such a useless addition to the house. I really hope Cruz drops him next week. All he does is moan and complain about a sore toe, stomach, hand, head.... You're supposed to be a fighter these things will get hit in a fight and most likely hurt too.

Yeah I'm really sick of Tickle now at this stage. He complains about everything and has a different excuse every day. I really hope he gets taught a lesson in his fight next week.

With his attitude and lack of training I'm fairly certain he's going to lose to Proctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Lads, no fighter abuse-even if you feel lads are knobs.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Tbh lads he may just be a victim of editing as we've seen so many times over the years. The guy might be legitimately pushing himself every week and got hurt, Cruz' opinion of him being a guy that has the potential to win the show could make him come down harder on him than he does other guys.

Apologies, forgot charter rules. Post edited to reflect my thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I thought it was funny when Larsen didn't understand how he'd lost...I think he just automatically presumed that if a fighter is docked a point he loses the round!

You have to put it down to the fact that he'd just finished the fight but how he couldn't figure 9-9 & 10-9 equals a loss i'll never know!

• Advertisement

Really good performance from Proctor this week. Tickle was landing a few heavy shots and I was sure it was gonna end up with a ko. Proctor has a great chin. He did well to get the takedown and lock in the rear naked. He seems like a nice guy too.
    Cruz is a class act. Faber genuinely hates him but Cruz always seems to keep his cool and really annoys Faber. Can't wait to see them fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭onlyasuggestion

Did anyone else think that little confrontation between Cruz and Faber outside looked really staged? Wouldn't like to see TUF turning into "reality" tv...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

felt coffer had won the first two rounds, pichel seemed to get lucky with the takedown and didnt do much with it. meh, only watched it as i mistakenly recorded i instead of ufc 145

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Not that im complaining but anyone else think the scoring to determine will it go to the 3rd round is a bit of a fiddle. I feel once they think its close enough or are enjoying it enough to go 3 rounds then they go 3. Ive never seen a guy narrowly win 2 rounds and it be called a win. Is it an in-house scoring system for TUF?.

Not that im complaining but anyone else think the scoring to determine will it go to the 3rd round is a bit of a fiddle. I feel once they think its close enough or are enjoying it enough to go 3 rounds then they go 3. Ive never seen a guy narrowly win 2 rounds and it be called a win. Is it an in-house scoring system for TUF?.

No, the fights are regulated by the commission if i'm not mistaken. They are commission judges scoring.

Apologies, forgot charter rules. Post edited to reflect my thoughts

You still have the same sentiments in your reason for editing though.

This is a stupid question but is this on FX? I've been without TV for months so just been watching it online. Got TV installed the other day so can (finally) watch everything again.

Also, what time is it on at? Usually just waited till Saturday morning and streamed from TV Links

TUF15 live early hours of Saturday morning ESPN 03:00-04:15

TUF15 live early hours of Saturday morning ESPN 03:00-04:15

Guess I'll be watching the stream the following morning so :(

• Advertisement

Really didn't like how Cruz handled the situation after Tickle had lost. Sure, Tickle had been frustrating him and yeah he didn't listen to his corner..... but surely Cruz didn't need to kick him while he was down?

And even though I'm sure the added benefit of mind games were a reason too, I liked how Faber made a point to tell him he did a good job

Advertisement