Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycling?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

The bins for glass recycling outside fine wines in the claddagh have gone. Does anyone know why and are they coming back? Don't know where else to get rid of bottles in town

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

ArtyC wrote: »
    The bins for glass recycling outside fine wines in the claddagh have gone. Does anyone know why and are they coming back? Don't know where else to get rid of bottles in town

See the city council website: http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/WasteManagement/BringCentresandBanks/Bringbanks/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, noticed that myself the other day. It's still mentioned on the site (Raven's Terrace, Fair Hill Lower by Fire Station) so maybe just temporary.
    See ^^^ for more places, I use Dyke Road car park now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They have moved the ones on Dyke Rd as well. They are now further up the car park nearer the Black Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yeah its a pain in the arse, the ones down Raven Terrace were great for us town dwellers. They are gone about 7 weeks now so i dont think they will come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

They have moved the ones on Dyke Rd as well. They are now further up the car park nearer the Black Box.

The next time your up there have a look around. Heard they moved them up there so they would have them placed under security cameras for illegal dumpers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

You could be right. Would be nice if they had put up a sign saying where they had moved them to though.
    First time I ended up dragging my bags of bottles to the shopping centre. Only spotted the new location later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 donallips

Beside aquarium salthill probably the closest

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

It was on the radio today that all the recycling spots will have survailence cameras monitoring them soon to prevent illegal dumping. The system was installed at the site of the knocknacarra recycling area a while back and it has proven a success.

I believe the way it works is that they will recording the licence plate numbers of the cars of the illegal dumpers and send a bill out in the post to the registered car owners address.

Advertisement