Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees 2011

Options
  • 06-12-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for christmas trees yet?

Justins in the village normally does decent trees but does be very busy. In saying that, I don't know if he has gotten stock in yet? Blanch centre usually does trees as well but we've never gotten trees there before so I don't know if they are scabby looking or not. Probably dear as well.

Any where else?

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Probably some locations on the go that are mentioned in these threads:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Castleknock College are selling trees. Don't know if they are any good. I passed by yesterday and saw the sign

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Anyone know what the current going rate is?
    and if they seller is in blanch shopping centre carpar yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

In previous years, trees were being sold out of a property on Rugged Lane and on the Porterstown road after the church (towards Castleknock), does anyone know if these guys are doing business this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

In previous years, trees were being sold out of a property on Rugged Lane and on the Porterstown road after the church (towards Castleknock), does anyone know if these guys are doing business this year?

Yes they are still selling them on the Rugged lane this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

In previous years, trees were being sold out of a property on Rugged Lane and on the Porterstown road after the church

In answer to my own question, both sellers are in operation again this year, I paid a visit to both this afternoon and bought off the Rugged Lane guys in the end - they had a better selection and a more transparent pricing policy. Tree prices were similar at both site ranging from €35 - €60. Stands are an extra tenner which is an additional cost on top of the marked price. If you're in the market for a real tree this year, I'd recommend paying a visit to both sets of sellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Today we tried 6 different places - both Rugged Lane, Diswellstown, Shopping Centre, Justins, Old Finglas Road and Orchard Centre in Celbridge...and we're STILL looking for a decent tree. About 7-8' real, non shed tree, that doesn't look like it's been hacked at with branches missing all over the place.

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Don't be so picky? Whats the big deal about a tree.

One of the houses on Porterstown rd was selling them. Same side as the church.

If we're gonna spend €50ish on something that we're only gonna have for a fortnight then it's not too much to ask to find a decent one? Our room is large so we need a big tree.

Tried that place today...trees had huge gaps in the upper branches ie the ones people see most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I was teasing.

Probably your a bit late looking for one. Whats left now is the ones that none else picked.

• Advertisement

Would normally get it around the 15th, it was a tough call this year but last weekend was just too soon. Gonna try Ikea in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Theres a Christmas tree farm in Kilbride which we've been going to for a few years. Large selection (at least they had last weekend) - all trees €50. if you head out to Kilbride from Hollystown and take the road to the side of the petrol station, it's well signposted.

richardjjd wrote: »
    Theres a Christmas tree farm in Kilbride which we've been going to for a few years. Large selection (at least they had last weekend) - all trees €50. if you head out to Kilbride from Hollystown and take the road to the side of the petrol station, it's well signposted.

Thanks! Ended up getting it there in the end, although it took two visits ;) Had never heard of it, the owner was very helpful, pity about the first idiot we met there!

Advertisement