Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like Aussies?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Leztanelly wrote: »
    Here's the irony, it's an Aussie film shame on me...

Worst yet, I've not seen it! Naughty! I must rectify this. The Aussie chick stumbles away head down, embarrassed...
    It really depends. Love people love Tommy Teirnan, some hate him.
    Ditto for most of the best irish comedians.

Which Irish comedians are at the sydney festival this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

I'm going to see Jason Byrne at the enmore in May, I'm still hoping they will announce Tommy Tiernan late like last year too.
    Des Bishop and Ross Noble are at it too, they are the two most unfunny people I have ever witnessed, I don't know which one is worse!!!
    That jimmy Owen or jimeowen or whatever you call him is there too, he comes a close third to those other two......

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Not too sure about most Australians but the people that populate Chapel street have to be the biggest bunch of bell ends I've ever had the mis-fortune to deal with on a daily basis!

And what the **** is wrong with Australians and their coffee?? I actually had a grown man come up to me last week and ask for a:

"Extra hot Soy, decaf latte with 1 and half sugars"

Get a ****in grip!!

And what the **** is wrong with Australians and their coffee?? I actually had a grown man come up to me last week and ask for a:

"Extra hot Soy, decaf latte with 1 and half sugars"

Get a ****in grip!!

That's not really a australian thing.

What part do you think is strange? Soy, Decaf? Cos I'd have assumed they were quite common.
    Extra hot is a bit strange. But I wouldn't cry about it

Mellor wrote: »
    That's not really a australian thing.

What part do you think is strange? Soy, Decaf? Cos I'd have assumed they were quite common.
    Extra hot is a bit strange. But I wouldn't cry about it

Not an Australian thing?? I've worked in Ireland, the states and been to Europe enough times to know that the Aussies are in a league of their own when it comes to their coffee. The amount of options and modifications they have is mind-boggling.. I've had people get upset at me because I don't do 'latte art' or because their is slightly too much foam on their capuchino

And yeh, when your going through 5-10 kilos of ground coffee in a morning, doing hundreds of coffees when people start asking for 'soy, decaf, weak 1 1/2 sugars etc it can drive you demented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

You need a new/better job, something that does not involve people.
    Something that involves Goats maybe????

Not an Australian thing?? I've worked in Ireland, the states and been to Europe enough times to know that the Aussies are in a league of their own when it comes to their coffee. The amount of options and modifications they have is mind-boggling.. I've had people get upset at me because I don't do 'latte art' or because their is slightly too much foam on their capuchino

And yeh, when your going through 5-10 kilos of ground coffee in a morning, doing hundreds of coffees when people start asking for 'soy, decaf, weak 1 1/2 sugars etc it can drive you demented.
    They had far mroe ridiculous options when I lived in the states, specically california.
    THe coffee shop in my college when I was in Dublin had just as many coffee options.
    With starbucks being everywhere, those things are standard now imo.

Soy milk and decaf have to be two very common modifications.
    Number of sugars is standard everywere.
    Sounds like you need a new job if thats gettign to you.

People giving out about latte art, or too much foam are just moany pricks though.

Ha it doesn't quite bother me that much! I'm not even the barista so It's only now and again I have to make coffees.. I just think people from Melbourne take the whole 'coffee culture' a bit too far sometimes..

A cup of tea or espresso is perfect IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

man1 wrote: »
    I'm going to see Jason Byrne at the enmore in May, I'm still hoping they will announce Tommy Tiernan late like last year too.

Good god, two of unfunniest pricks the island has produced.

Both peaked in Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Not too sure about most Australians but the people that populate Chapel street have to be the biggest bunch of bell ends I've ever had the mis-fortune to deal with on a daily basis!

Haha, I don't miss living round there. Lycra clad Pilates mummies pushing $1000 buggies and lads wearing sunglasses at 11pm on Winters night, show ponies the lot of them! Move to the northside mate, a wholly better class of people over here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

One year I went to see Neil Delamere in 2009 and he asked how many of you out there are Australian. There was 7 aussies out of about 70 people 45 approx were Irish.

He was good but half the NI jokes would go over an Aussies head

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good god, two of unfunniest pricks the island has produced.

Both peaked in Father Ted.

Unfunny you may find them but why are they pricks?

Maybe you don't get the Irish Humour....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

man1 wrote: »
    Unfunny you may find them but why are they pricks?

Maybe you don't get the Irish Humour....

Because they're annoying and rather condescending, as well as not funny.

And I was raised in Ireland, went to school in Ireland, have an entirely Irish family and a Dublin accent so I can assure you I get the humour.

Zambia wrote: »

He was good but half the NI jokes would go over an Aussies head
    I dont think that's a issue really. They're there for Irish crowds. From those on WHV to people who migrated years ago.

It's the same everywhere, an Irish trad band playing the states doesn't expect many yanks to turn up.

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Haha, I don't miss living round there. Lycra clad Pilates mummies pushing $1000 buggies and lads wearing sunglasses at 11pm on Winters night, show ponies the lot of them! Move to the northside mate, a wholly better class of people over here :)

I know. If I ever come back to Melbourne (which I might - great city) I'd definitely live in Brunswick or Fitzroy. However, although it ain't fashionable to say so I do like St Kilda. Nothing beats waking up at 10 am having hookers fighting over a corner outside your window!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Mr NoTV

Those Australian rugby players tend to be rather loud in St Kilda. Must be the cakes ...

Advertisement