Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox version and HDD?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I bought Xbox 360 last year for a little present for myself for Xmas. It was the 4GB version and black. Now first question: I bought Battlefield 3 and was trying to install the HD pack and it says that it will only install on a Xbox 360 HDD? is the 4GB included just Flashmemory and not a HDD? I have deleted stuff to leave loads of space for it?

Second I am looking to buy a drive? first how can I tell what drives are supported in my system? do I need a model number or is there a way to tell on the web?

Also really what size do you need? I play an odd time and the 4GB done me grand for a year as I just really use Battlefield and FIFA and maybe a couple of saves for other games? Any help would be great.

Seen loads of drives on Adverts but I want to make sure they are supported first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I bought Xbox 360 last year for a little present for myself for Xmas. It was the 4GB version and black. Now first question: I bought Battlefield 3 and was trying to install the HD pack and it says that it will only install on a Xbox 360 HDD? is the 4GB included just Flashmemory and not a HDD? I have deleted stuff to leave loads of space for it?

Second I am looking to buy a drive? first how can I tell what drives are supported in my system? do I need a model number or is there a way to tell on the web?

Also really what size do you need? I play an odd time and the 4GB done me grand for a year as I just really use Battlefield and FIFA and maybe a couple of saves for other games? Any help would be great.

Seen loads of drives on Adverts but I want to make sure they are supported first.

If you bought the console last year, was it the 360 S model (the newer one)? If so, choosing the size of your drive is going to be pretty simple... you can have any size you want as long as it's 250GB ;)

Of course you can go down the road of trying to retro fit the old style HDD into the new console but I'm guessing that just sounds like too much hard work.

As for your 4GB internal drive. I think you need to install the game and then the high texture pack after that which would bring the whole thing up to around 6-7GB, which might be why it won't install. However, I'm kinda guessing here, so I may be completely wrong. However, I do know that you don't have near enough room for Battlefield's future downloads if you only have 4GB, so a bigger HDD is a must for that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

If you bought the console last year, was it the 360 S model (the newer one)? If so, choosing the size of your drive is going to be pretty simple... you can have any size you want as long as it's 250GB ;)

Thanks, ok so its 250GB it is. Must have a look online and see how much they are going for, none on adverts, or the last one is sold

Yes it is the black one. I had an old grey one years ago so I guess it is the S model. Does it have it written on box somewhere?

I know my mate said mine was faster than his or something? I didnt know they had released a faster model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes if you have a slim that's the one, good price on it too. works out at about €72.

I have seen those in the likes of HMV for around €90 and they come with Lego StarWars 3 pre-installed, no way to know if the amazon ones have that.

Better off installing games anyway cuts down on noise and wear on the drive and slightly boosts loading times.

calex71 wrote: »
    Yes if you have a slim that's the one, good price on it too. works out at about €72.

I have seen those in the likes of HMV for around €90 and they come with Lego StarWars 3 pre-installed, no way to know if the amazon ones have that.

Better off installing games anyway cuts down on noise and wear on the drive and slightly boosts loading times.

They are about 40 pound on ebay but coming from Hong Kong which I would guess means I would be hit with customs!!!

Are the ones from Hong kong ok? will they work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Big Nelly wrote: »
    They are about 40 pound on ebay but coming from Hong Kong which I would guess means I would be hit with customs!!!

Are the ones from Hong kong ok? will they work?

I got one from Hong Kong on ebay for about €50.
    I asked the seller to mark it as a low value so I wasn't stung with customs charges.
    I suspect it might not be an official microsoft hdd(even though it came in microsoft packaging) but its working grand so far.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Fake hard drives don't play original xbox titles. I've found it here on play.com for only €94 for the 320GB hard drive. Here's the link: Here, and the 250GB HDD from play.com is only €4 less.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Fake hard drives don't play original xbox titles. I've found it here on play.com for only €94 for the 320GB hard drive. Here's the link: Here, and the 250GB HDD from play.com is only €4 less.

Ive played GTA San Andreas (games on demand) on it and it works fine.

Advertisement