Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beaker For toddler......

Options
  • 06-12-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hay I have a toddler who can take a house asunder in approximately 15 minutes flat & am looking for advice on the best beaker to buy that wont leak..................

In my experience of beakers the million dollar question(s) is/are, which beaker wont leak and where can I get one?

We purchased a beaker in Tesco aprox 3 months ago no brand or name on it & a black and white cow pattern........... best beaker ever but starting to show its age and now & Tesco don't have anything like it any more so I’m looking for advice from all you parents out there which beaker and why?

Many Thanks
    Pancuronium

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The tommee tippee beakers are great - http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/department/tip_it_up/

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭pancuronium

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The tommee tippee beakers are great - http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/department/tip_it_up/

Had these recommended to us before so we decided to buy one but Baby has realised that if you turn them upside down and bang them hard you can make them pour ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is going to cause nearly all of the beakers ot leak;)

Did you try any of the ones with straws?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Try these ones, they take a lot of abuse

http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/active_sporty/

Moonbeam wrote: »
    That is going to cause nearly all of the beakers ot leak;)

Did you try any of the ones with straws?

unfortunatly hes only 15 months so cant use a straw yet :o

• Advertisement

The one he has @ the min dosen't leak ;p

well its starting to leak now but thats after 3 months of punishment hehehe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

I recently bought this for my 20 month old nephew, he had been drinking from a bottle up to now and one of his favorite things to do was sprinkle everything with a few drops of water but so far he hasn't been able to get a drop out of this.
    blue%20ss%20beaker-500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

It's a Nuby by the way, also I've seen those cow print one's in Tesco recently you should ask if they can get one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Amadeus 360 is the only cup we have had that hasn't leaked.It is also great because it is more like a proper cup, so the child learns how to use a cup without getting wet. It has an airtight seal at the top.You can shake it hard and tip it any way and no leaks. I even carry one in my handbag with no problems. The Tommeetippee are not the worst, but they do leak a bit, enough to be annoying.Any we have had with a straw leak everywhere and are a pain to clean. Also, the ones with the silicone straws got chewed, so had to be binned.

We got some in the UK, but I am sure that you can get them online.Our kids used them from about 6 months old. The 'younger' versions have removable handles, and are a bit smaller. I think they cost about £4 each.

The Dr Browns sippy cup most definitely does not leak. It was tried and tested here yesterday:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement