Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My local pub?

• 06-12-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Im new here so this is my first post

I was just wondering does anybody know if the pub in Ballybeg Ryans Bar will be opening again? its seems a shame that a bar of its size is not being renovated or is there a reason for that? Ive never drank there before and dont really know the area that well

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Never in the various names that were on that pub in ballybeg, I guess it would have had a name (justified or not i dont know) for being rough so maybe business dried up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Hi all, Im new here so this is my first post

I was just wondering does anybody know if the pub in Ballybeg Ryans Bar will be opening again? its seems a shame that a bar of its size is not being renovated or is there a reason for that? Ive never drank there before and dont really know the area that well

Cheers!
    i take it you aint originally from waterford???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Chicken ranch?
    Was never in there. It's been closed a while now afaik. Didn't hear any plans about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It burned down a while ago. Before that it was like the pub in Shameless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Ah thanks, I just heard a whisper that it was going to reopen, was trynna steal a march on the aul jobs front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

AFAIK the license has to be renewed and there are other issues too. Wouldnt expect it to open any time soon anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Oh right, thanks for that, I was told that the people who own it own a few bars in the city and that they were looking to re-open, again like a mouse and the cheese i was thinking right, there should be a few jobs going, I think they have another ryans bar in the City Centre. Then again it could be a different Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Oh right, thanks for that, I was told that the people who own it own a few bars in the city and that they were looking to re-open, again like a mouse and the cheese i was thinking right, there should be a few jobs going, I think they have another ryans bar in the City Centre. Then again it could be a different Ryan.

You're thinking of Billy Ryan's in Barrack St I'd say. Nothing to do with the pub in Ballybeg.

Advertisement