Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving House - No Engineer Code

• 06-12-2011 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hello,

Buying a house, has a wired hkc alarm, "Phonewatch" comes up on the panel but is definitely no longer monitored.

Estate Agent tells me he has the alarm code. I understand this to be the code to arm/disarm the system. The house is being sold by a receiver. Original owner nowhere in the frame. House has been let to many different tenants.

Have a hkc in my current house. Was installed on my watch, I have an "engineer" code, which allows me to, amongst other things, change the arm/disarm code.

Question is - if I want to change arm/disarm code, add new sensors, etc. - don't I need the engineer code?

If I do not have the engineer code, what can I do?

Sorry, I imagine this has been answered hundreds of times...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

CBYR1983 wrote: »

Question is - if I want to change arm/disarm code, add new sensors, etc. - don't I need the engineer code?
    Depending on the user permissions you may be able to change codes with your user code. What happend when you enter your user code?

Have you tried defaulting the panel by powering down & removing the factory link?
    If that fails ,any alarm company would be able to reset & programme this panel for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello,

Buying a house, has a wired hkc alarm, "Phonewatch" comes up on the panel but is definitely no longer monitored.

Estate Agent tells me he has the alarm code. I understand this to be the code to arm/disarm the system. The house is being sold by a receiver. Original owner nowhere in the frame. House has been let to many different tenants.

Have a hkc in my current house. Was installed on my watch, I have an "engineer" code, which allows me to, amongst other things, change the arm/disarm code.

Afraid the only way is to default the system and set it up again. The user menu is not usually set up on there systems. If you do have any problems setting it back up let us know. You will get all the help you need here to reprogram the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Paddock54

Anyone any idea where I'd get an engineer code for my alarm, I rang the company that installed it by looks like they are gone out of business.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried defaulting it?
    PM me who installed it and ill check my records. .:rolleyes:

Advertisement