Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take you to complete a season?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭

On average lads with any given team how long does it take you to complete a season?

Do people generally have matches on commentary only, no highlights and quick or do people like to go slow it down, view some of the match and make in game changes as it happens?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

About a month and watching every match at near full speed. Will depend too on how deep I go, as in training scheduals, U18s etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

The first season takes the longest, creating tactics, training schedules, setting up a scouting system and buying and selling. From then on your usually just tweaking and adjusting things and by time future transfer windows come around, you will often have a idea of who you might want to sign. If your used of playing past football managers, you should expect the first season to take approximately 24 hours of playing time. This would be with key highlights on a fast match speed.

Obviously some users will spend alot more time doing training and tactics but I instead end up spending all the time I'm not playing thinking about adjustments I can make so when I load up, its all a routine. Once you get into a game, expect future seasons to take a few hours less.

I think my estimate applies to people who play long sessions at a time, For people who play 1 or 2 hours an evening, I would suspect it would take longer.

If you check your game status, it tells you how long you spend playing, thats how I got 24 hours but I probably left it idling a few times so I'm sure people will disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Yakult wrote: »
    About a month and watching every match at near full speed. Will depend too on how deep I go, as in training scheduals, U18s etc.

I'm the exact same.

Although, for some strange reason, I've completed August to December in two days. Even weirder is that its by far the longest season I've had with Europa League group games and with Italy national team games.

Guess I've been playing too much, eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

depends if the GF is around if so i apparently have to spend something called "quality Time" with her.

She just doesn't understand how important this is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Depends on how well things are going for me. If I have a bad run of form I refuse to play the game for weeks. When I can't stop scoring the season can take me a week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I play on commentary and key highlights and have in the past gotten a season done in a day (not 24 hours, more like 8-10). Assuming the team doesnt go in to meltdown mode and force me in to action, that is. I have my tactics saved so they only need a little tweeking every now and then and they seem to work with every team I play as.

Playing as only International manager can be done in half that time and thats including watching a few club matches during the boringly long breaks.

Advertisement