Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying tyres in Carlow

Options
  • 06-12-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Can anyone recommend a place to get tyres in Carlow. I have been to that place beside Dermodys twice and have had a bad experience twice.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Terence

Have a look @ the following threads in the forum already
    - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68095305
    - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64905966
    - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59626753

And don't forget the usual places around town of Advance pitstop and Askea tyres.

or the option of buying them online at camskill or eiretyres and then getting one of the above to fit them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

I'll throw my name behind JW Tyres, Great service, very friendly. Very competitive on price. I've dealt with all the tyre places in Carlow and would not pass JW in future. Don't know the lads from Adam but they literally could not do more for any customer that walks into the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

Dealt with all the above but putting it down to pricing and quality i just got two fitted this evening on the car from MB Recovery out in palatine, PM if you want the number.....

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

+1 for MB Recovery out in palatine the lads will see you right, or ive used hanover very helpfull as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

jay gatsby wrote: »
    I'll throw my name behind JW Tyres, Great service, very friendly. Very competitive on price. I've dealt with all the tyre places in Carlow and would not pass JW in future. Don't know the lads from Adam but they literally could not do more for any customer that walks into the place.
    +1 JW Tyres, so so pleasant & will give you plenty of time, I wouldnt hesitate to go back with any issue I had with the car (not just the tyres)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

bytheglass wrote: »
    +1 JW Tyres, so so pleasant & will give you plenty of time, I wouldnt hesitate to go back with any issue I had with the car (not just the tyres)

+ me as well for JW Tyres. Sound bunch of lads, excellent service. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

bytheglass wrote: »

Do they supply and fit the likes of brake pads and do oil changes too?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

+ 1 For JW tires too, was only in with them the other day as a walk in, and the lads in there fixed my slow puncture in no time! I know my other half has bought tires off them too and didnt get fleeced!

The garage as you come into Ballon are also very good too! Think they are called Nolans tires!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

TheZohan wrote: »
    Do they supply and fit the likes of brake pads and do oil changes too?

yeh they do all that, ya might have to book it in for the oil change and that, only one lad does that stuff, so ya have to make sure he's there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

JW tyres are excellent...only place in Carlow I'll go to for tyres (if I have an option that is!)

Nolan tyres in Ballon are slightly hit & miss...excellent most of the time, but can occasionally be very dour and unhelpful (depends on who you get really)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

i find mb recovery is good and is sound to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

ottostreet wrote: »
    JW tyres are excellent...only place in Carlow I'll go to for tyres (if I have an option that is!)

Nolan tyres in Ballon are slightly hit & miss...excellent most of the time, but can occasionally be very dour and unhelpful (depends on who you get really)

I agree on Nolans , their prices seem good for tyres, but I had a few bad servicing issues with them , but have had a few good ones too. They have an issue with consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Went to JW and was well impressed

Advertisement