Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All you can eat - Dublin

Options
  • 06-12-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests, are there any all you can eat places in the city centre? I know there is a Chinese, but can not find any info online. Also if there is one which is not a Chinese that'd be great too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

A caveat first. All you can eat isn't haute cuisine. I'm not saying it is. It can however be cheap and at least palatable.

Epicurean food hall has three.
    Indian. Usually balti korma and jalfrezi. Assorted starts like bhaji Samoa etc. Same unit does Chinese but a limited selection.

Italian. Couple of pasta options meats salads. Basic. Paulo tullio liked the tomato sauce, basic reduction with garlic and basil. They're not actually Italian mind, Turks afaik

Greek. Never eaten there. Looks fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Pizza Hut beside Grafton Street do an all you can eat buffet at lunchtime - haven't tried it so cant say if it's any good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

xalot wrote: »
    Pizza Hut beside Grafton Street do an all you can eat buffet at lunchtime - haven't tried it so cant say if it's any good.
    Course it isnt..Pizza Hut is disgusting.

Jimmy Chungs on the Quays aint bad at all..was there on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

There are a lot of Chinese ones. Some on Abbey St, Liffey St, Parnell St and around there.
    They're not great, but if you're on a budget you could do worse. My favourite was the one on Abbey St, near the Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Ah it doesn't have to be haute cusine, I just want to bring my husband. We went to one while on holidays, but you ordered off the menu. I begged him to stop ordering after his 4th main because the waitress was getting snotty and the chef was poking his head out looking at him and I was very emabrassed. :o Felt guilty since!

I'd want to go on a Sunday evening, after 6 or 7 so a lunch time menu wouldn't work, but the others sound perfect.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

mongolian barbecue in Temple Bar is a decent spot.. but is in the upper price bracket for such places.. the buffet on its own is €15.99 but you can go back as many times as you like, and add another €4 onto that if you want to have a starter or dessert included... but, having been there several times with friends i can say that certainly in terms of the overall experience this place is worth it
    the buffet consists of various fresh veg and meats all laid out as well as a wide selection of herbs, spices and different sauces... you go up, fill your bowl and hand it to the guy on the grill who cooks it right in front of you.. the course comes with a bowl of rice brought to your table.. it's pretty tasty and not confined to oriental style dishes
    http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/location.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Nevore wrote: »
    A caveat first. All you can eat isn't haute cuisine. I'm not saying it is. It can however be cheap and at least palatable.

Indian. Usually balti korma and jalfrezi. Assorted starts like bhaji Samoa etc. Same unit does Chinese but a limited selection.

Italian. Couple of pasta options meats salads. Basic. Paulo tullio liked the tomato sauce, basic reduction with garlic and basil. They're not actually Italian mind, Turks afaik

as far as i know the epicurean food hall only opens during the day

(correction) just checked their site, they're open til 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

top floor of stephen's green shopping centre has an all you can eat Chinese - 10quid I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Bs
    Nevore wrote: »

as far as i know the epicurean food hall only opens during the day

(correction) just checked their site, they're open til 7pm
    And late nights for Xmas. I think Thursday Fri sat til 10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thanks a million for the suggestions, I am looking for somewhere a bit less canteen-ish than the epicurean food hall. So I guess the choice is Mongolian BBQ and a chinese. I think he'd like chinese better.

I don't suppose anyone knows of an italian or similar?

(Yes I know I'm just being awkward now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

xalot wrote: »

I've tried it a few times. They cook up a few different pizzas and you take slices of them. They have a large selection of salad stuff alongside some bacon breadcrumblike stuff, breadsticks and pasta (I think there is pasta but I don't like pasta in general so I can't remember for sure).

They have all you can drink cola as well for an additional charge

I liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The 1000 welcomes (or something like that!) Chinese buffet place beside the Jervis Luas stop is decent,think it's €6 or €7.99 too,much cheaper then that Jimmy Cheungs place down on the quays,but in fairness Jimmy Cheungs have lovely desserts!

The 1000 welcomes (or something like that!) Chinese buffet place beside the Jervis Luas stop is decent,think it's €6 or €7.99 too,much cheaper then that Jimmy Cheungs place down on the quays,but in fairness Jimmy Cheungs have lovely desserts!

Jimmy Chungs also has the best selection of food and the best service..they have something like ten main courses and a similar number of starters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The 1000 welcomes (or something like that!) Chinese buffet place beside the Jervis Luas stop is decent,think it's €6 or €7.99
    Ten Thousand. €6.99. I like the noodles; everything else is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

where abouts is jimmy chungs?? i wana try that place out

i was in the european food hall recently

you can get a small plate for 7 euro. you put anything you want on it but you cant go back for any refills
    they do a big plate for 8.50 and you can refill that all you want

i got the food from the italian place in there,spaghetti and meatballs, some chicken in tomato sauce,rice,chips,sausages,roast potatoes,fried mushrooms,they have some mixed veg (brocoli - peas - carrots)

i tried to save money so got the small plate,bad idea,i put some of everything on the plate and it all mixed into 1 lump of slop lmao,i still ate it though :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The all you can eat Chinese upstairs in the Stephen's Green Center is pretty decent imho, and under a tenner.. can't go wrong.

Plus they leave out glasses of water so you're not being screwed on drinks prices unless you want minerals.. and even at that they sell cans.

Good selection too.

CyberJuice wrote: »
    where abouts is jimmy chungs?? i wana try that place out

Its on Eden Quay beside the Laughter Lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Jimmy Chungs is my fave too. Stay away from the ones on Moore St!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Was in an Indian run buffet on Moore Street the other day and the food was grand,they had a decent range of stuff too(pasta,Chinese,fried chicken,Indian,and a an okay veggie selection too.)

Think it was €5.99 or something close to that.

Advertisement