Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Vs Meteor

Options
  • 06-12-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,
    I'm currently with three and although signal good for calls, the 3g/HSDPA signal has black spots when I go inside or in certain areas (Dublin). For instance if I'm in the pub, there is more or less no 3g coverage, but my mate on meteor has grand signal sitting beside me.....I've heard meteor are muck down the country though and three are better.

Basically looking for advice, should I change from three to meteor for 3g signal? or is meteor crap?

Three €40 a month 350 flexiunits and all you can eat data, €169 for galaxy s2 (This is including my upgrade)

Meteor €40 a month, 400 mins 400 texts and 2 gig data, €89.99 galaxy s2

Meteor seem better priced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

SDK wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm currently with three and although signal good for calls, the 3g/HSDPA signal has black spots when I go inside or in certain areas (Dublin). For instance if I'm in the pub, there is more or less no 3g coverage, but my mate on meteor has grand signal sitting beside me.....I've heard meteor are muck down the country though and three are better.

Basically looking for advice, should I change from three to meteor for 3g signal? or is meteor crap?

Three €40 a month 350 flexiunits and all you can eat data, €169 for galaxy s2 (This is including my upgrade)

Meteor €40 a month, 400 mins 400 texts and 2 gig data, €89.99 galaxy s2

Meteor seem better priced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know you didn't mention them, but have you thought of Tesco Mobile? I was looking at €30pm for 500 units/500 texts and 1GB of data on 30 day sim-only plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SDK

Thanks for the reply. I didnt have a look at tesco, but just did there and the plans arent the best. Just tryna differ between meteor and three...which is best signal wise around Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Signal wise 3 have way more 3G signal, more than all the networks, meteor have the least of all the networks.
    3G signal doesn't travel into buildings well that's why it's reverting back to 2G indoors on you. That's the same with every network.
    There's a 4G spectrum auction in february and if 3 get what they need it will help their 3G signal travel deeper indoors, it should help every network that wins some in the auction.

If you go to a store get them to play around with your price plan for the upgrade they may be able to get the 169 price down for you. It seems a little high the website won't give you the option to tweak it and shop can.

Advertisement