Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ice box in Fridge - door

• 06-12-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I live in a rental apartment and broke the door off the ice box when opening it as it was stuck (tends to "ice" over). I've been in so many flats where these doors are permanently broken, but it's a pain.
    I presume my landlord won't fix it since technically I broke it. The little nub on the side where it slots into the wall fell off.
    Any ideas if 1) These can be fixed or 2) can be replaced.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Make & Model, Photo? Your question is far too general to answer without more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 iminireland

Sala wrote: »
    I live in a rental apartment and broke the door off the ice box when opening it as it was stuck (tends to "ice" over). I've been in so many flats where these doors are permanently broken, but it's a pain.
    I presume my landlord won't fix it since technically I broke it. The little nub on the side where it slots into the wall fell off.
    Any ideas if 1) These can be fixed or 2) can be replaced.

Your best option is probably to replace it, call Power City or a retailer like that and they should be able to get the part for you. Worst case scenario if they cannot get the part they will be able to tell you who the distributor is and they will definitely be able to get the part for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's a fridge in a flat, I wouldn't bet that the manufacturer is even still in business, let alone identifiable.

Good luck asking any of the people in Power City for assistance, if you're not buying a new appliance they're not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 iminireland

coylemj wrote: »
    It's a fridge in a flat, I wouldn't bet that the manufacturer is even still in business, let alone identifiable.

Good luck asking any of the people in Power City for assistance, if you're not buying a new appliance they're not interested.

Why all the negativity coylemj? and why put the OP to the trouble of taking photos or giving you info when you don't think you can even help him. How rude to waste peoples time like that.

Out of interest can you please let us know what fridge manufacturers have gone bust in the last ten years.

If the OP calls Power City they will actually help him get parts! Try call them yourself!

Advertisement