Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved House - No UPC - Any Hope ?

• 06-12-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I made the stupid mistake of thinking moving close to Dublin City Centre wouldn't affect my broadband, forgetting Ireland is a 3rd world country. UPC don't cover my area, "Lower Churchtown", so I have to give up my 25mg broadband.

Is the only hope I have Eircom ? I would cancel the contract on the new house and stay put if I could to avoid having to switch providers. I have never had a good experience with an Irish broadband provider except for UPC.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

kflanagan wrote: »
    I made the stupid mistake of thinking moving close to Dublin City Centre wouldn't affect my broadband, forgetting Ireland is a 3rd world country. UPC don't cover my area, "Lower Churchtown", so I have to give up my 25mg broadband.
    What colour is your area on the map below ??

http://www.upc.ie/media/2011/1/13/2011BuildPlanV13.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kflanagan

That's odd, its green, same as where i was before, harolds cross, but UPC said they didn't have anything available for my address.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

But they are close, so ask around the neighbours or look for cables under the eaves of semis. The owner may have refused them a wayleave in the past and you might have to connect to a socket on a neighbours.

Then you can hope, which is what you want innit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    What colour is your area on the map below ??

http://www.upc.ie/media/2011/1/13/2011BuildPlanV13.png
    #

In my experience UPC maps are completely unreliable.

My area's is white on that map and we've had BB for probably 6 or more years.

I've read similar inaccuracies posted previously. I have a similar problem with Eircom, (my UPC is not that reliable) I can't find a decent provider and I'm in D.15. The rule from all the providers seems to be if it works easily , great if it doesn't they aren't really that interested in fixing it.

Advertisement