Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If anyone here has Au Pair in Dalkey , I nearly killed your child today

Options
  • 06-12-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

If anyone here has Au Pair in Dalkey , I nearly killed your child today , this afternoon.

Child ran out on junction off Saval Park Road, I had to slam breaks on & beep repeatadly at car turning in so they wouldnt hit the child. I then had to abandon my car at the junction & lift the child from the middle of the road to the path... child in floods of tears, no sign of Mum or any adult until low & behold Au Pair saunters around the corner from Barnhill Stores... read her the riot act, she started giving out to the little girl who was about 5yrs old, had another go at the Au Pair who refused to give me parents number. . She then pretended she couldnt understand me. I am still shaking here. She also had another child in tow & little girl I nearly hit was wearing a kilt with school jacket over it, approx 5, shoulder length hair, dark blonde/mousey brown with a bit of a wave in it.

Wanted to post this up here in case the parent happens to frequent this board & warn them that the Au Pair you have is putting your child/children in danger!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

marley123 wrote: »
    If anyone here has Au Pair in Dalkey , I nearly killed your child today , this afternoon.

Child ran out on junction off Saval Park Road, I had to slam breaks on & beep repeatadly at car turning in so they would hit the child. I then had to abandon my car at the junction & lift the child from the middle of the road to the path... child in floods of tears, no sign of Mum or any adult until low & behold Au Pair saunters around the corner from Barnhill Stores... read her the riot act, she started giving out to the little girl who was about 5yrs old, had another go at the Au Pair who refused to give me parents number. . She then pretended she couldnt understand me. I am still shaking here. She also had another child in tow & little girl I nearly hit was wearing a kilt with school jacket over it, approx 5, shoulder length hair, dark blonde/mousey brown with a bit of a wave in it.

Wanted to post this up here in case the parent happens to frequent this board & warn them that the Au Pair you have is putting your child/children in danger!!!

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Thank you for letting me know the typo!!! So so mad typing the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

That is terrible Marley, fair play for trying to warn the parents. I would be absolutely raging if that was my child, and they probably think they have their child under the supervision of someone responsible :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Thats the point - I have an Au Pair myself & if anyone every told me what I just posted about she would be fired on the spot!
    Lola92 wrote: »
    That is terrible Marley, fair play for trying to warn the parents. I would be absolutely raging if that was my child, and they probably think they have their child under the supervision of someone responsible :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

This reminds me of an incident I had with an au pair a few years back, to this day, I regret not informing the parents.

I was in a very large store in the City Centre and going into the ladies with my own child (then age 4). There was a young girl standing at the gents door, trying to open it and shouting in 'Hurry up johnny (can't remember childs name..') I assumed she was the mother to be honest, and that 'johnny' was an older child. Out strolls johnny, who was no more than age 3, with his trousers and underpants down around his ankles, followed by a lovely young fella who had to bring him back out to her as he was sobbing in the toilets on his own!!! She had let the 3yr old go into the gents toilet on his own and the poor little mite was terrified.

Like yourself, I asked her for the parents number etc, but she claimed not to understand me and just said she was the au pair and that 'johnny' was fine as she ran off with the child.

Sounds like you were pretty shaken marley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I understand you're shaken marley but you possibly should have followed them home and sent a letter/knocked later on and let the parents know what happened.

Closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement