Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips TV bought in Tesco

Options
  • 06-12-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I purchased a Philips Tv from tesco in July of this year (on my laser card). The last few days it has been acting up and now will not turn on at all, i searched around online and seems to be a common problem with voltage transistors or someting of that sort on the tv's board.

I rang philips and they told me to bring it back to the retailer, only thing is I cannot find the receipt anywhere, and I paid with Laser card.

Just looking for any advice here please, it seems to be a common enough fault.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

If you have a bank statement with the transaction on it, bring that with you as proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A bank statement showing the Laser transaction will suffice as proof of purchase. Big it out, or print it from your online banking, and head to Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Tesco are brutal for warranties. The staff aren't trained well. Philips tv's have a minimum guarantee of a year, possibly more depending on the model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Tesco are brutal for warranties. The staff aren't trained well. Philips tv's have a minimum guarantee of a year, possibly more depending on the model.
    You don't need any warranty from Tesco or Philips to sort this as the tv is faulty and not fit for purpose, OP you should seek a repair replacement or refund as per your statutory rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Bring it to one of the Extra stores. Bring it to the customer service desk and ask them to call the duty manager, it should be sorted pretty fast, probably a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Just out of curiosity, how does a bank statement prove you purchased something? It only says X was spent in Y shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There can be a transaction reference code on the bank statement, which the shop can then locate in their systems. Once they've found the credit/debit card transaction, they can then locate the linked till transaction.

I'm not saying it's easy, but the once you have a bank or credit card statement, you have complied with your responsibilities as a consumer. Of course, an actual receipt is still the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

Hiya,

I had a simila problem with a philips bought in harvey norman, they referred me to Craigavon TV who sorted all without a proof of purchase or me having to go to harvey norman, they collected and dropped it back straight to the house

their number is 1800 855 589

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You can do this, and it sound ike a great service, but Tesco will usually just replace it, there and then as long as there are no signs of customer damage.

Advertisement