Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Santa in town

Options
  • 06-12-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on bringing my daughter in to see Santa tomorrow somewhere in town, so am just wondering if anyone has any experiences this year, as in where is good and where is not so good?

I was thinking of bringing her to the one in Arnotts as from my own childhood he was great. (anyone else remember the lego displays they used to have?)

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Gillo wrote: »
    I was thinking of bringing her to the one in Arnotts as from my own childhood he was great. (anyone else remember the lego displays they used to have?)

My work colleague brings his twins to the Arnotts Santa, which they love.
    However, get there early, apparently they queue hours before hand if you go at the weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

+1 for Arnotts.

Get in early though. We were 2 hours at peak time on Saturday.

Its free, you just pay for photos and kids are not giving gifts.

2 photos were €10 and it was €3 for any additional photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

The Christmas playland in the Ambassador on O'Connell St is also very good. €10e per child, indoor bouncy castles so everyone has plenty to do while waiting to see Santa, then a meeting with him in a little cabin. Presents for all and numbers are limited so its not too hectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Thanks for the advice, we went to Arnotts and have to say it was brilliant.
    As an added bonus I bumped into a guy in the queue who I was in scouts with eighteen years ago and hadn't seen since then!! Kudos to him for recognising me!

Advertisement