Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does anyone feel about...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Not all 100% confirmed, but the below have expressed interest:
    • Shanannigan
    • cena
    • MrJoeSoap
    • krissovo
    • Dre as in Dray +1
    • Crapbag +1
    • COYW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Dont think I'll be able to make it either as I dont live in Dublin anymore. I could get up but its a bit of haul to get up and back on the night and I have an early start the next morning.

Seen some of the those press release photos on the NHL website today. I was only in Citizens Bank park during the summer for a ball game. Impressive stadium, there should be good view from everywhere of the rink. I sat in the upper deck behind home plate which would have been great for the hockey as the rink is been laid over 2nd base. The Flyers home is only across the road so they dont have to far to travel...

Hi all, anyone still in or out for this? I will send around a PM to the names above in the next few days. I don't mind going once there are a minimum of three or four of us, and provided I'm off work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

got a couple of heads off couch surfing who've said they'd be up for coming along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

I would like to go to this but it would be hard getting up to dublin. I could drive up but don't want to drive back late.

Well be great to watch on a big tv. You never know I could turn up

• Advertisement

Right I've got my rota for January and I'm off at 3pm that day so all systems go as far as I'm concerned. I'll send out a few PM's later today, try and get a rough idea of how many we're expecting and then email Murrays/The Living Room and sort that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey Joe, send on the details for this and I'll see if I can make it.
    don't know how I havent seen this thread until now..

Hey Joe, send on the details for this and I'll see if I can make it.
    don't know how I havent seen this thread until now..

Don't know how I missed you either, I sent like 50 PM's. Sorry!

PM sent now anyway. :)

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Don't know how I missed you either, I sent like 50 PM's. Sorry!

PM sent now anyway. :)

replied back back there

got any preliminary numbers Joe?

• Advertisement

got any preliminary numbers Joe?

So far the definites are myself, yourself and COYW. Then Krissovo and smackbunnybaby are keen but it depends on circumstances etc.

I'll be bringing a mate or two along, more than likely. And the missus maybe.

So there should be at least 6 or 7, possibly even into double figures. I'll email Murray's back now.

Crapbag is also in now.

Ok lads final call for tomorrow. I'm hoping to be in The Living Room for 5.30pm, we have a table reserved for 10 people. I'm sure it won't be a problem if there are more people, hopefully there won't be too many less than 10!

map.gif

Attending or possibly attending so far is:
    • MrJoeSoap (+2 or 3)
    • Shannanigan (+2 perhaps)
    • COYW
    • Crapbag
    • ~Krissovo
    • ~smackbunnybaby
    • ~cena

Will send this out in a PM also just so everyone see's it.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Mark/JoeSoap

The time of the game has moved to a start of 3 et. Info On the NHL site

Lads the start time has been pushed back to 8pm Irish time. I will email Setanta now and see if they will still show it.

Will also email The Living Room now.

Setanta have confirmed they will be showing the game tonight at the rescheduled time. I'll be in The Living Room for about 7.30pm with a few mates, will be wearing a Penguins jersey so I'm easy to spot.

:D

Have a good time lads. Come on rangers

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Silver Clown

Just sitting down to watch the game now, really looking forward to this! Sorry I couldn't make it to the beers today, I don't live in Dublin so it would be difficult for me to make it up.

Nice to meet up with COYW and Shanannigan tonight for the match, turned into a pretty exciting finish to the game too. Quite disappointed in the Living Room since there were quite a few of us watching the match but they didn't seem to want to give us sound for the match. But otherwise it was an enjoyable evening. Must organise something similar later in the season for Lord Stanley... :)

there was even a non-boards group over in the corner, seemed to be going for rangers too.. compared to the amount of people that were actually paying attention to the darts.. i personally don't see the appeal of 3d darts in a pub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Nice to meet people for the game. The darts were a massive pain but what annoyed me more was the fact that they turned on music when the darts was over. As others said, there were far more people in there for the hockey than that darts. Delighted with the win. Some of the decisions in the last 2 mins of play were ridiculous from a Rangers perspective!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Really sorry I didnt make it :-/

how's about organizing something for the all star game/weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Any idea what the tv schedule is going to be like for it?

how's about organizing something for the all star game/weekend?

That could be possible, would depend how I'm working the following morning though as it is a late start (9pm Irish time)

could try TP smiths by the jervis luas stop for it.. they have a large screen and as far as i'm aware there's no major events clashing with it

Advertisement