Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to a refund or do I have to accept a replacement

Options
  • 06-12-2011 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I bought a plug in heater in tesco last saturday , when I brought it home I was very disapointed to find it wasnt very good, further more after 2 days the thing stopped working altogether, I would like a full refund because I bought a different fan heater in argos that works much better

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I bought a plug in heater in tesco last saturday , when I brought it home I was very disapointed to find it wasnt very good, further more after 2 days the thing stopped working altogether, I would like a full refund because I bought a different fan heater in argos that works much better

You are entitled to pursue a refund, and they are entitled to offer a replacement. Only a small claims court can force a decision on either of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

repair, replace, refund. they must offer one of these 3. you've no automatic right to a refund as a repair/replacement would be a reasonable remedy. if the repair/replacement proved to be faulty, i would then be pushing for a refund and you would have a much more solid footing if you wanted to pursue a SCC case

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

Go to customer service with the receipt , tell them its faulty and you should get your money back and if not ask for manager .:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

MiseryCat wrote: »

Go to customer service with the receipt , tell them its faulty and you should get your money back and if not ask for manager .:rolleyes:

Just that simple, except that it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Just that simple, except that it isn't.

ah, on second glance, it's tesco, it probably is that simple

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

theteal wrote: »
    ah, on second glance, it's tesco, it probably is that simple

it was

Advertisement