Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help With Excel Coding

Options
  • 06-12-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey can someone please help me I am trying to right a little program in work. I work in retail and am basically trying to see how often the tills are off. At the moment I have a count going for that but I need to count the amount of times they are in work.

Day Monday Tuesday
    28/11/2011 29/11/2011
    Name - Days Worked -Times Tills Down -

Mr x ? 1 -5.98 +3.46

So I have a count going for how many the tills are down using =COUNTIF(H6:DV6,"<0")
    But I dont know how to count basic, if there is a number in a cells add one, because some days the staff arent working so I can only count it when there is a value in the cell.

Can anyone help me it would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭carveone

There's a hash symbol on the toolbar which wraps CODE tags around stuff you want left alone by the way. Cause it's a bit difficult to see what you are trying to do...

A lot more people in the Windows forum know about excel. But are you trying to do something like: if there is a number in a cell and the cell isn't blank, then add one to some other cell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭carveone

...because COUNT does that:
      =COUNT(A1:A5)

If 3 of the cells from A1 to A5 contain numbers and 2 contain text then the above will return 3, the number of cells that contain numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭[DM]Frink

Thanks......COUNT worked!!!

Advertisement