Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does FIFA come out broke year after year?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

this years FIFA has grown on me but they have half arsed the game in a lot of areas.

Head 2 head seasons : great idea but why is it put together so poorly,

1. you cant see what color your opponents kit is going to be, (kit clashing).

2. you cant see what your opponents connection is going to be like, so if you get into a match with lag you cant quit.

3. everyone either picks real madrid,barca or milan, i came up against madrid 4 times in a row a while ago its just shocking. You should have to start from the ground up an earn the right to use 5 star teams or at least limit the amount of times per season you can use them.

people who keep picking these 3 get no respect from me, ronaldo, messi and for some strange stupid reason ibrahimovic are most of the time unplayable very unfair.

there are so many other flaws in the game from starting players in your 11 only to find out when the game starts there still on the bench( try picking newcastle and starting ba and ben afra for example).

kaka turning up in the arena with a man utd kit instead of the player you actually have picked!

appearing offline but your score still pops up game after game lol whats the point.

the stupid 30 seconds you have to make changes/tatics while playing a private game against a friend !! why? i can understand ranked but honestly their private games.

the tackling/defending honestly great idea but its a bit of a joke, fouls are actually given for nothing in this game and there's obstruction everywhere!!

your physically allowed to body check your opponents player and get away with it.

in all fifa is just a recycled product year after year, a money racket at its very best. They release a broken game every year and actually get away with it.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I only have the game a few weeks but I thankfully haven't encountered some of those problems, like points 1 & 2.

As for coming up against Madrid, Barca etc. I only seem to come up against them when I myself pick a 5 star team. In games where I've picked 4 star teams like Ireland and Everton, I get matched up against similar level teams, I imagine that should always be the case, no? Plus, there's great satisfaction to be had beating the people who always pick these teams with less glamorous teams.

The new tackling system is growing on me. I really struggled with it initially, but with practice and patience you can get the hang of it. It's a great advantage to you if you can as it'll give you the upper hand online against players who haven't learned how to use it.

The game is far from perfect, there are plenty niggles, but not enough to call it broken, in my opinion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I haven't clashed on kits yet, tho only did play 15-20 games over all.

The only reason you keep getting Barca etc. is because you are using a 5 star team yourself. Pick lower rating team and you will get a lower rated opposition.

the tackling/defending honestly great idea but its a bit of a joke, fouls are actually given for nothing in this game and there's obstruction everywhere!!

Obstruction is a foul isn't it?
    I think the defending it great, much more to it than previous games, bit more of a challenge but once you do it right, its great. Otherwise, it will get sloppy and you'll give away frees or just miss all together.

in all fifa is just a recycled product year after year, a money racket at its very best. They release a broken game every year and actually get away with it.:mad:

Yet you will still go out and buy it each and every year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Every now and again you'll get 5 star teams when you pick a lower star team. Annoying, but can't really blame the opposition, it's fifa's match making.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

people who keep picking these 3 get no respect from me, ronaldo, messi and for some strange stupid reason ibrahimovic are most of the time unplayable very unfair.

there are so many other flaws in the game from starting players in your 11 only to find out when the game starts there still on the bench( try picking newcastle and starting ba and ben afra for example).

I have noticed that if you are making changes to your starting XI in a friendly game, if you are cut off for time or just wait for the game to start rather than pressing the 'Play Match' button, your original starting XI takes to the pitch, regardless of the changes made.

your physically allowed to body check your opponents player and get away with it.

This is really annoying to be honest. I love the new engine and collision animations but when you hit L1 and X to pass and send the player that made the pass on a run, a non-human controlled defender just body checks him and takes him to the ground. Never punished and ruins good goal scoring chances. When you're in a tight match this hurts your chances a lot. Sure if its off the ball it will be grand EA.

Also, penalties tend to be given for sweet f*ck all. Though I have had a lot more given to me than against me its still a gripe with the mechanics. The foul recognition system is a bit buggered. Playing a 2 player game with a friend recently, he was running along the edge of my box, just inside it while I pressured him, he crossed the ball, after which a penalty was given. Literally for nothing, we both watched the replay a few times.

I wouldn't say the game is broken but it has enough flaws to at times frustrate the people who payed money for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

Head 2 head seasons : great idea but why is it put together so poorly,

1. you cant see what color your opponents kit is going to be, (kit clashing).

2. you cant see what your opponents connection is going to be like, so if you get into a match with lag you cant quit.

Both not really a problem because you can quit before the five minute mark and it won't count as a loss. An inconvenience, yes, but not game "breaking".

• Advertisement
Advertisement