Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner - Guitar advise please

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Main thing is to enjoy it. I find it great as a de-stress-er

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevsweeney400

those washburn acoustics are THE best for low budget... think they might cost around 500 beans though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

Hey OP. I've been playing about two years now and I found this guy really helpful. You can check out the theory sections but if you just wanna jam he's got a section with loads of acoustic covers showing the chord progresions and strumming rhythms. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭Hayte

150 quid can get you a surprisingly good guitar these days. At least, it can get you a much better guitar than I remember being possible say, 10 years ago.

Got a 1997 Taylor 712 (which I've had for nearly 10 years now). Recently bought a Tanglewood TF8 III for £150 brand new with the plan being that it would be my beater for when I go home to visit my folks at Christmas/Easter. You know, seeing as Ryanair wants 80 euros per return flight to take my guitar with me. Now I'm gutted its stranded across the Irish sea because its a real cracker of an axe. You even get a hard case with it! (although its annoying to clamp it shut because the lid moves around alot).

The factory setup was very good and consistent (I played a few of them). Intonation was bang on. Holds tuning well. I would have gone cheaper but its hard finding small bodied guitars on a budget. If you want a dread you can get some crackers down to £100 which is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Hey op, started my learning journey a couple of years ago, getting there slowly,
    really enjoying it!
    Best advice I can give is get a tuner to start off cos if your out of tune starting off everything will sound rubbish.Keep your guitar in tune!:D
    Also keep the guitar in your main living space cos you'll find yourself picking it up more even if its only for a few minutes at a time.
    Some days your crap,some days your nailing it,keep with it either way.
    All the best with it,its a very rewarding pastime. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement