Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should make FF XV?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

noodler wrote: »
    I very much enjoyed 2. It was easier to get into than the first one which was really quite crap for the first 3 or 4 worlds.

But it was also piss easy by comparison to one, it was great seeing Squall and Cloud etc but some of the story was just like wut?

I enjoyed too (apart from the overall easy theme), especially the very start with Roxas. It felt much more like FF which I liked. But having said sora, donald and goofy were a little bit stupid (stupider than kh 1 even).

but i agree with you, kh 1 wasn't that great. it was simply going from world to world closing a few gates until the very end when the story finally took off. i think this is why bbs is the best simply because of the interaction with the disney worlds and how it changed ven, terra and aqua.

i have high hopes for DDD for the exact same thing (its actually the one thing that made me not to sell my 3ds after the summer)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I own BBS just not gotten around to it.

It might lead in KH3 but square have been leading into KH3 for ages now. I've bad news if you think that DDD will be KH3. They say it takes place after the events of KH2 but it's just the characters having flashbacks to events before KH2.

The Osaka team aren't replacing the Versus team on KH, not if Nomura has anything to do about it. they're a b-team filling making sure nobody forgets the series while the KH team is stuck in development hell. It might be good filler but we won't see KH3 until Versus is finished.

i took the Osaka team as a b-team as well but after BBS and the trailers for DDD I wouldn't mind them doing a kh3.

Btw with regards DDD the story
    is set, for a while in a dream world where Sora and Riku are trying to pass the mark of mastery exam. Nomura said that this is, however, only a part of the whole game so presumably we'll see some events outside of the dream world.

There's no flashbacks to pre kh2 era a all, from the trailers. It's a full blown sequel pretty much, advancing the story forward.

The problem with leading to kh3 is that after kh2 there simply wasn't anything to base kh1 on. the ending was perfect (apart from the message in the bottle). so i guess that was part of the reason they went the prequel route with BBS

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I own BBS just not gotten around to it.

It might lead in KH3 but square have been leading into KH3 for ages now. I've bad news if you think that DDD will be KH3.

When you do, remember you'll need about 10 hours for each of the three playthroughs (obv the first is the hardest).

Again don't want to spoil everything for you but I was actually semi-emotional when I watched the secret final ending for BBS and how everything ties in.

I am kind of building it up now though so I will stop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,857 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've a different interpretation:
    The film was **** stop thinking there's anything deeper than Nomura saying 'this would look cool' behind it :P

Couldn't help myself.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Anybody but Nomura.

Sorry to disagree, but:
    Nomura :)

Love his games, especially those for which he also wrote the story...

So I was thinking about the people at Square that could make the game and here's what I've got:

Nomura- he's working on Versus and unless they rename it to FF 15 (which they very well could) he won't be making a numbered FF entry. He himself stated that he will only be a character designer for FF after Versus and will concentrate instead on KH.

Toriyama- he did the last two FF titles, both of which had some very interesting ideas and very fundamental flaws. His director skills seem to work well with non-linear FF titles set in a universe created by someone else (e.g. FFX-2, FF XIII-2) but the guy can't write a decent story (I enjoyed FF XIII's story but that was still done with help of Nojima and you could see bits that Toriyama wrote, i.e. the ending). He said he's moving onto his next project which seems to imply that he's leaving the team he worked with on FF XIII and FF XIII-2 since they are still doing DLC's for FF XIII-2.

Kitase- Producer of the last two FF titles and director of the fan favourite FF VII. He's most likely overseeing the DLC work for FF XIII-2 and he himself said he's also overseeing the remake of FF X HD. He seems to have his hand busy but judging by his previous career maybe this is the guy who could direct the next FF. As a producer, I think, he failed as he let Toriyama go really wild.

Tabata- Director of Crisis Core, The 3rd Birthday, FF Type-0 (this one he wrote too, I think). His career is dominated by PSP but he said he wants to move to home consoles now. His track record is pretty good apart from T3B which many bash for an awful story (yes, written by Toriyama). Tabata himself said he wants to work on another Aya Brea game and that SE will want him to make another Type game, so he's out of the race.

Ito- co-director of FF XII and director of FF IX. Not much is known about what he's doing right now. He is working on an announced, presumably away from Tokyo as they had to sent him a build of Vaan from Dissidia 012 by email for approval. Maybe that simply means he's in Osaka, maybe he's working on a title in the West. SE said they want to make a game with their japanese side overseeing the project and the programmers in the west actually developing the title. This could also be finishing up of Fortress the WRPG sequel to FF XII.

That's all the people I know off that would have what it takes to make an FF game and are still in SE. Nojima is freelance but I hope SE employs him to write the script for the next game. Or maybe have multiple directors and writers like with FF X where Toriyama was scenario director.

So what do you guys think?

Advertisement