Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RA Poll 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

And I have no idea why this posted in this forum, pretty sure I was EM&DJ at the time :pac:

Any chance of a move

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

It's a marginally better list that the Mix Mag one in fairness.

I always get the impression that people who vote in these polls don't actually go to a lot of gigs though, or know that much about DJing for that matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

I always get the impression that people who vote in these polls don't actually go to a lot of gigs though, or know that much about DJing for that matter.

DWI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

krd wrote: »
    DWI.jpg

Yeah, that gave me such a giggle i used it as the art for a track on Soundcloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Most vote for artists they know, or are inadvertently influenced to vote for those they expect to appear at the top of the polls, so they feel as though they know something about the artists and their performances/releases etc in the past year.

I voted Blawan, Joy O, Boddika, Klock and Julio Bashmore I think, because I enjoyed their releases, got to see a few of them and they were my highlight's (amongst many others) of 2011.

Soul Clap appear in there pretty high up the list for example. Kinda ruins any shred of validity it was aiming for. Also Digweed, Sasha, Sven Vath are above Steffi, Prosumer, Scuba and MCDE to name a few more. Pants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement