Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwater - cutlery basket

Options
  • 06-12-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

I'm very happy with my machine but I have a carer for my Mother who is unfortunately very rough with handing things. She just does it without thinking. Last night she put a knife wrong way into the cutlery basket and managed to put a whole in it. So anything put in falls down and when you pull out the whole container onto the door it catches. If I was to buy a new one it would be expensive so where would I get a reasonable cutlery basket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Is she one of those former east German shot-putters, no wonder shes breaking things. You could try get some plastic coated wire and snips and just mesh around it yourself. Maybe try manufacturers web-site, someone like Kelly and dollard or TK Maxx might be able to help you out for a generic one.

On a side note Fluky, I always put cutlery in sharp bits facing down as you can cut yourself easy the other way, they wash grand and im delighted to say i havent stabbed my hand since the punctured palm with skewer incident of 1999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Could try DID or even check the euro shops in town they have many random kitchen items

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bluess

I managed to pick one of these up in Tesco's a few months back and think it was only € 7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Try Wallace Electrical in Arundel Square - they usually stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

thanks for all your suggestions and realise that dishwater should be dishwasher. I will certainly try Wallace's in Arundel Square or DIY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Wallace's and Kelly and Dollard are usually very good for stocking thing like this or getting them in if they don't have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

Thanks for the replies I went into Wallace Electrical today and brought one for €14.95. I suppose I could have done cheaper on Ebay. It is not the same but it is a universal one and just used it for the first wash. Everything okay.

Advertisement