Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

athenry friday week

Options
  • 06-12-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey Boardsies in Galway
    Myself and Mr all smilz are going to stay in the raheen woods fri week(16th dec)- anything especially good to do locally? We have already been to aran islands on previous trip to galway city and just wanna see some nice beaches or woods or walks and stuff.... looking for reccommends!
    OH and if ye can let us know about a nice restaurant- good value a must I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks! We dont get away a lot and I've been doing nights so this trips gotta be special!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 heinze

hi all smilz, theres a few nice walks in the area, i like renville in ornamore, park & road by the coast out to the headland, thatll blow the cobwebs off with the weather these days! few nice shops & pubs in athenry, with historic sites etc..

handy public transport links to galway nearly every hour , train & bus. and nightlink buses out with farrell travel if your going out late in galway.

couple of nice restaurants also but The Olde Barracks is my favourite, great food for good prices. you can bring your own wine too which keeps the cost down . La rustica is good too, a table upstairs at the weekend is ideal.

hop inn is the most lively place at the weekend along with iggys bar. but there are loads of nice quiet spots for a few cosy drinks too.

enjoy your weekend and im sure lester and the staff in the raheen woods will make you feel welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

+1 for Renville. Coole Park (near Gort) is also nice if you like woods, and Merlin Park woods in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

heinze wrote: »
    couple of nice restaurants also but The Olde Barracks is my favourite, great food for good prices. you can bring your own wine too which keeps the cost down . La rustica is good too, a table upstairs at the weekend is ideal. Hop inn is the most lively place at the weekend along with iggys bar. but there are loads of nice quiet spots for a few cosy drinks too.

Bringing your own bottle of wine is a fab idea and I don't know why some restaurants don't encourage this more in order to get customers in.
    And, oh yeah, the Hop Inn is the spot to go where Neil Molloy is famous for his YouTube sketches. Have a look at some of them before you come to Athenry because they are hilarious. Enjoy Athenry because it has a lot to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

thanks folks!

Advertisement