Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopover times on way to OZ

Options
  • 06-12-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for some advice on this. I plan on flying with cathay pacific via Hong Kong, the stopover times is only 2 hours, just wanted to make sure this would be sufficient time to make my connecting flight?

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

you most likely won't even be getting off the plane, it's most likely a refuelling stop with a few passengers getting off and some new ones boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

sponge_bob wrote: »
    you most likely won't even be getting off the plane, it's most likely a refuelling stop with a few passengers getting off and some new ones boarding.

I got the flight numbers and it shows that I will have to change plane. But it looks like its all in the one terminal. I'm worried cos I've heard Hong Kong airport is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

2 hours is plenty.
    There are lots of very helpful, efficient staff around if you get stuck.
    Sometimes you get issued a sticker so they can keep track of you.

The only painful thing is that you may have to go through another tedious security control.
    Pretty good duty free though if you can find the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

manlad wrote: »
    I'm worried cos I've heard Hong Kong airport is massive.

Well it was the biggest airport terminal in the world up until a few years ago. so yeah its pretty massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

If the airline has scheduled this connection, it's their problem. It's very unlikely that you'll miss your connection but, if you do, they'll sort it out, and they'll feed and water you until they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Two hours is fine as you'll only be going to a different gate.

Also in my experience you wouldn't want any longer in that airport.

Advertisement