Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caseys steakhouse

Options
  • 06-12-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Not promoting the place as i have no ties to it,But i brough my girlfriend there for her bday last week and holy god was it divine nom nom nom!!!Obviously i had the steak because going to a steakhouse and not ordering steak is sacrelig!!!Anyways just thought i'd share :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

If only there was a Waterford City Restaurants thread on here it would be so much better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

I cannot STAND people who say "nom nom" etc, no offence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I cannot STAND people who say "nom nom" etc, no offence...

Good for you. Are they as bad as people who capitalise a word in the middle of a sentence?

Heard about the place. Might try it sometime if I can give up on dominoes for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

seanybiker wrote: »
    Good for you. Are they as bad as people who capitalise a word in the middle of a sentence?

Much, much worse, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

YoU tElL tHeM .sEaNy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is there much choice on the menu? What kind of food are you talking besides steak?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is there much choice on the menu? What kind of food are you talking besides steak?
    Does it matter? They serve steak!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Booked in here for the weekend, I'll let you know how non nom nom the steak is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Gonna head down myself and bring the missus for a bit of scram.. Must make sure its not the same night as Seany cos i'll be capitalizing my order mid sentence "I'll have the STEAK please!"

H

Heathen wrote: »
    Gonna head down myself and bring the missus for a bit of scram.. Must make sure its not the same night as Seany cos i'll be capitalizing my order mid sentence "I'll have the STEAK please!"

H
    haha piss off you. I hope Niall tags along and makes you pay the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

where is this steak house that ye speak of?????

where is this steak house that ye speak of?????
    Across from old cinema I think

well if it gets good reviews on here over the next week might go in and try it for meself

Does it matter? They serve steak!! :D

My wife is not a steak enthusiast like I am, hence my enquiry!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As an aside I really used to like the bistro that used to be there. I heard a few horror stories of poor service but it was a great place to eat if you fancied eating out between 3-5.

I'll wait to get word back on it before I try. It's hard to turn down McLearys if you are after steak/seafood.

ziedth wrote: »
    As an aside I really used to like the bistro that used to be there. I heard a few horror stories of poor service but it was a great place to eat if you fancied eating out between 3-5.

I'll wait to get word back on it before I try. It's hard to turn down McLearys if you are after steak/seafood.
    I love eating out :pac:
    Yeah was a nice place. Never heard any bad stories about the place meself apart from my little mistake down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Yeah was a nice place. Never heard any bad stories about the place meself apart from my little mistake down there.
    ........go on. Please elaborate. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

About the second part seany!!! For the love of Dog, please elaborate about the second part only!!!

Back on topic, must try Caseys so. McLearys was divine when I was there about a month or so ago, but more steakhouses is only a good thing!!!

Ah it wasn't much at all. I thought the garnish orvwhayever ya call the bits that make the meal look nice was a part of my meal and I ended up eating a potato that turned out to be an apple. Thought it lookers bit odd for a potato but tried it anyways. Was gonna send the meal back until the lack at the time said it was only for show. Mc Donald's ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

I think the guys own Casey's were the Chef's in McLearys....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Anyone got a menu? Nothing up on the facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

I got dinner in Mclearys a few months back and it was not great. The chips were leftover chips that were dipped again in Oil and sent out.

Next time I'm passing I'll take a pic on my phone and throw it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Ah it wasn't much at all. I thought the garnish orvwhayever ya call the bits that make the meal look nice was a part of my meal and I ended up eating a potato that turned out to be an apple. Thought it lookers bit odd for a potato but tried it anyways. Was gonna send the meal back until the lack at the time said it was only for show. Mc Donald's ftw.

haha 'whan the Seany boi! classy out!! one of my mates thought the little bowl of water with the lemon for your fingers was a soup and took a spoon full before declaring it was rank!

I made a similar mistake to you Sean man, i was in a Chinese in Spain, and was eating the best duck of my life!!! (bare in mind i hate mushrooms with a passion!!) anywho, i spotted this massive juicy looking bit of duck soaked in soy sauce and decided to leave it till the end cos it was gonna be epic!!
    So when all was finished i lashed my fork into this last piece and scoffed it expecting to go on a trip to flavor country... Nope! it was the top of a massive wild mushroom :-( i nearly puked.. i was about to spit it out when i noticed the kid at the next table was staring at me, i tried to eat it, but i kept dry reaching... oh man, worst exit from a restaurant ever!!

H

Heathen wrote: »
    haha 'whan the Seany boi! classy out!! one of my mates thought the little bowl of water with the lemon for your fingers was a soup and took a spoon full before declaring it was rank!

I made a similar mistake to you Sean man, i was in a Chinese in Spain, and was eating the best duck of my life!!! (bare in mind i hate mushrooms with a passion!!) anywho, i spotted this massive juicy looking bit of duck soaked in soy sauce and decided to leave it till the end cos it was gonna be epic!!
    So when all was finished i lashed my fork into this last piece and scoffed it expecting to go on a trip to flavor country... Nope! it was the top of a massive wild mushroom :-( i nearly puked.. i was about to spit it out when i noticed the kid at the next table was staring at me, i tried to eat it, but i kept dry reaching... oh man, worst exit from a restaurant ever!!

H
    I never knew what the water and lemon where for either. I thought it was an odd thing having a drink in a bowl. Thought it was to wash the food down. Seem some chap with his fingers in a bowl of it one time and thought to meself. Well jaysus what's this Lula upto. Even said to the lack at the time, what's yer man think he's upto the oddball.

Awwwww man I'd say you had some dogs head on ya after your meal being ruined by the taste of mushrooms. They're evil yokes them.

I never knew what the water and lemon where for either. I thought it was an odd thing having a drink in a bowl. Thought it was to wash the food down. Seem some chap with his fingers in a bowl of it one time and thought to meself. Well jaysus what's this Lula upto. Even said to the lack at the time, what's yer man think he's upto the oddball.

Awwwww man I'd say you had some dogs head on ya after your meal being ruined by the taste of mushrooms. They're evil yokes them.
    haha seanybiker ya mad fooker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyone go to Casyes yet? Any good, what about the prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Some of these places do themselves no favours at all with their poor use of social networking.

Some of these places do themselves no favours at all with their poor use of social networking.

Yeah how hard is it to set up a Facebook page and update it when you're on checking your own Facebook or whatever. My wife is a dog groomer and anytime she gets new dogs in she puts up before and after photos of them. Or she might put up a reminder about getting the dog done for Christmas. She's on the pc anyway so why not.

In this context, it's not exactly hard to take a scan or picture of the menu and post it up. Flame have just done it as I'm sure you've seen.

• Advertisement

I had lunch in there yesterday had a chicken ceaser wrap and the mother had a piri piri chicken burger. Both were savage. Came with soft drinks to like €23.

I'm going for dinner on Friday evening so I'll report back but a rough idea of the menu:

Starters- Wings,Salads,soup Etc looked decent selection

Mains- All cuts of steaks, Few kinds of fish, couple of pastas, burger, chicken, pork steak maybe lamb.

Deserts- I didn't see.

On Friday/Saturday I'll report back with a proper round up but early impressions are good from me.

Advertisement