Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caseys steakhouse

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Went to the other new place, "Flame" instead. Was brilliant. There was 20% off between 6 & 7, so I got a 10 oz steak with a load of chips, garlic butter, 3 massive onion rings, salad and a pint for €20. The place looked deadly, big open kitchen so ya can see em cookin it, love that stuff. Popped me head into Casey's before hand, looked nowhere as impressive as this place!

I recommend going to Grimes afterwards and get a bottle of Cobra king - 8%, it'll destroy ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Where's Flame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ziedth wrote: »
    I had lunch in there yesterday had a chicken ceaser wrap and the mother had a piri piri chicken burger.

Ah nice one. Was wondering where to bring your mother for our meal next week . hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Where's Flame?

Think it's where Limeleaf was on Henrietta St

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

tonc76 wrote: »

yeah its up henrietta street. Menu on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=138983342879176&set=a.118570501587127.20859.100003025340677&type=3&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

tonc76 wrote: »
    I hope it lasts a bit longer than that Merchants place that was there before it!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

was in caseys last nite 10 out of 10 great meal steak was lovely 27 euro for the fillet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was there last night myself. I'll agree it is top notch. My new fav place to be honest.

I had Fillet Steak with Tagliatelle which is so gloriously random and the steak was mouth watering.

I didn't have a desert as we were going to the cinema but they looked nice too.

One thing to note is that to not expect to be in and out quickly. They take their time but you wouldn't mind that.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

had the dessert as well baileys cheesecake missus had chocolate tart was really nice dont mind paying when food is gud hope jan and feb are good 2 them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Was there about 2 weeks back, really nice. Would agree with what ziedth said that you wouldn't want to be in a rush to get the food as it takes a while. It is dear enough but you wouldn't mind paying it if you get a good feed and that certainly is the case. Nice touch with the chicken wings the way they give you a little bowl of hot water to clean your fingers, never saw that before.
    Bit disappointed with the dessert, got the chocolate tart and it was a bit bland and dry. Couldn't fault the steak tho, top notch. Will try get down again over Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

The full menu is a little the higher end of the scale alright but €27ish for a 10oz fillet isn't totally OTT either.

One thing I will say Mrs Ziedth went off the Value Deal which is certain selected Starter,Main and Tea/Coffee for €19.30 which is far from bad IMHO.

Advertisement