Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating System Problem, all help appreciated!

• 06-12-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I know feck all about heating lads and ladies so I'm gonna try explain this problem as best I can. I live in a house which is heated by oil from the tank out the back garden. We have a boiler in our hotpress and hot water in the taps is working grand, but our radiators aren't heating properly.

All of them heat up apart from an area about the size of a dinner plate in the middle at the bottom. We've no idea what this could be and haven't got the funds at the moment to get someone in to have a look. There's two white boxes under the boiler with "Nyson Power Extra" on them, one with a pencil-written U on it, and one with a D ( Upstairs and downstairs I presume ). The U box has a light on it that is lit up, with "operating" written beside it, the D one has the same writing and light but it is not lit. Don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.

As I said, all help appreciated! I know nothing about plumbing atall so it's be great if you can explain things as simple as possible! Thanks people!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

well that area would always be the coolest area on a rad as its the most likely spot for sludge to build up , if you want to fix it you would need to get a power clean done on the system ideally , 2nd option isnt as good but it would be to take off each rad and bring them outside and connect them to a hose to pressure clean them .

No very cheap solution for you unfortuntaly both would require a plumber and someone to help him lift the rads if they are big

Advertisement