Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New boards

Options
  • 06-12-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

This is a mates blog and I just thought a few people here might be interested. He's came up with a few new construction methods and materials in the last 18months or so and people seem to be raving about them. He just has a few new photos up so I though i post something other then what wetsuit i need or how to decide where I should surf...

http://www.aorsurfboards.com/blog/?p=259

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Like the look of this one :D I like the glassed loop for the leash.

WSeHx.jpg

Think I've been on the site before, there's a kinda retro look to the boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Was in this guys (AoR) class in school. He was making surfboards for his junior cert project (1992) followed by a smashing (working) one for his leaving cert. To say board making is his passion would be an understatement...
    Class surfer & a sound dude too- which goes a long way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Was in this guys (AoR) class in school. He was making surfboards for his junior cert project (1992) followed by a smashing (working) one for his leaving cert. To say board making is his passion would be an understatement...
    Class surfer & a sound dude too- which goes a long way :cool:

Aw man, thats epic.
    The junior cert board is still out there somewhere, I think a lad in Blennerville still has it.

Mickeroo, I dont think retro is a word Al would use for any of his boards....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mickeroo, I dont think retro is a word Al would use for any of his boards....

Hah oops! I just meant the wood finish and also meant it in a really good way :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

post-2-1323369725.jpg

Getting something like this with a 2+1 fin set up from glide :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Woow!! Lovely boards he's got there! obviously very skilled guy, wouldn't mind a board myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Stunning triple stringer from glides blog

f8ca9063-1.jpg

Advertisement