Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4ALL voucher. Can they be traded for cash?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I can't seem to find out any information about this so I thought I would ask here.

I have heard there is a place in Malahide that will take the one4all vouchers in exchange for cash.

Could someone tell me if this is true?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not a BA, so more suitable here.

They charge €5 to change vouchers or extend dates iirc, but dont think they refund them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hi folks,

I can't seem to find out any information about this so I thought I would ask here.

I have heard there is a place in Malahide that will take the one4all vouchers in exchange for cash.

Could someone tell me if this is true?

Thanks.

if you don't spend a voucher in full, the retailer will usually give you the remaining balance as one of their own gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

if you don't spend a voucher in full, the retailer will usually give you the remaining balance as one of their own gift cards.

Depending on the store policy and the relative amount involved (as a % of the price of the item you're buying) and if the change is a small amount in absolute terms, they may give it to you as cash as happened me in Debenhams once.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Buy something in Argos with the voucher, bring it back and ask for a refund in cash.

Did that the other year and worked a treat and unsure if you can still do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

bcirl03 wrote: »
    Buy something in Argos with the voucher, bring it back and ask for a refund in cash.

Did that the other year and worked a treat and unsure if you can still do that.

I'd be careful about doing this, 1, the retailer does not have to give you a refund and 2, some retailers may insist on giving a refund in their own vouchers rather than cash or a one4all voucher, you might end up being in a worse place than now!

Advertisement