Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG-4 questions / Pinnacle Studio 10.8

Options
  • 06-12-2011 9:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been messing about with video for many years, and one question I always pondered was this. We know that JPEG pictures deteriorate over time, with all the opening / closing. As MPEG-2 and more particularly in my case, MPEG-4 files are a series of still images that get uncompressed / recompressed when you open / close the video they're in, do they deteriorate also with time?

The other question relates to Studio 10.8 Plus, also on the MPEG-4 line. PS 10 doesn't have an MPEG-4 import option (that came in version 11) but I can convert MPEG-4 > MPEG-4 in Pinnacle Spin and Studio will open those files no problem :rolleyes:

The big issue is that the quality of the resulting render (regardless of settings) is crappy ... distinctive blur is evident. Now I seem to recall, many moons ago, being able to just open MPEG-4's in Pinnacle without any pre-conversion.

I think I'm missing a codec here, but I've tried installing various packages that include H264 to no avail. Pinnacle Studio 10.8 still won't open the MPEG-4 files on the fly (ie: without a quality - loss conversion) If anyone can point me towards a likely fix I'd be more than grateful :)

Cheers,

Tony

Advertisement